Thursday, August 02, 2007

Two Thumbs Way Up

Well, I didn't do the double-feature yesterday like I'd planned. I got a couple of phone calls that I was expecting, and got busy doing other things, plus I wrote that epic list of 100 Life's Lessons, which took about two hours, too.

But once Rob got up, and I finished all the things I needed to do, and he finished his errands, we took off for the late matinée of The Simpsons Movie.

Damn if it wasn't the funniest movie I've seen in years. I laughed my ass off all the way through it, and then afterwards, we rehashed the whole thing over dinner and laughed some more. There were a couple of scenes and gags in there that had me literally wiping the tears from my eyes because I was laughing so hard. And I was humming 'Spiderpig, spiderpig...' all night long, too.

If you find the Simpsons the least bit funny, you'll love this movie.

After the movie ended, we decided we were hungry enough to make the trek out to the west side for dinner at New York Pizza & Pasta. It was great, as always, and I've got more than half a pizza leftover in the fridge, and I'm afraid some of it may not see the light of day.

Once we got home, we basically just flopped in the living room watching televised poker and a couple of Shark Week shows we recorded.

Right now, it's about 2:00 am, and I've got a long day ahead of me tomorrow. I know I *should* go to bed, but even though I feel a little fatigued, I'm still wide awake. I better force myself--I won't have an opportunity for a nap tomorrow, I don't think.

Mikey

No comments: