Monday, August 20, 2007

Oh. Hell. Yeah.

On the advice of Mamasan, one of the items I picked up while doing a quick stop at the grocery store after work last night was a couple of individual-sized tubs of gelato.

Now, I'm a huge fan of gelato, having discovered it almost two years ago when they forced us all to eat in the buffet one weekend at work, instead of the employee dining room. Anyhow, I don't know why it took so long for me to discover it's frozen creamy goodness, but the truth is, I now prefer gelato over regular ice cream. And now, whenever I eat in a nicer Italian restaurant, if I'm not too stuffed to order dessert, I always go with pistachio gelato--even preferring it over my original favorite, tiramisu.

Anyhow, while chatting on the phone yesterday, Mamasan was singing the praises of some hazelnut gelato she'd bought last week. And knowing how much I love hazelnut coffee and creamer, using it to flavor gelato sounds like a little scoop of heaven here on earth.

Well, I managed to find it, and picked up two different kinds--both hazelnut and pistachio. As soon as the groceries were put away and I sat down at the computer, I busted into the hazelnut one.

Oh good god almighty it was sooooo frickin' tasty.

Breyers mint chocolate chip? Forget it. Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heathbar Crunch? Pffffft. Not even close.

Blue Bunny hazelnut gelato is the most heavenly thing I've tasted in months. It's like getting a little cup of awesome, for just a $1.28.

I think, if I were about to walk the Green Mile, and got to choose my final meal, it would go something like this:

A large New York Pizza & Pasta pie--half pepperoni and sausage, half ham and onion. With ranch dressing on the side.
Hot wings.
A huge fountain Coke.
Hazelnut Gelato for dessert.

After a meal like that, I'd be one happy prisoner, and getting strapped into Old Sparky and getting zapped into oblivion wouldn't bother me in the least.

Mikey

No comments: