Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Something in the Chair

We have some magic furniture here at Case de Mikey. I don't know where it came from, but Rob procured some used leather furniture when he first moved here to Vegas, and since I have nothing but bedroom and office furniture, it made the move here to the new apartment.

We got rid of the hide-a-bed couch he had (too heavy to move) and just kept the loveseat and chair. And the chair, for being as old and worn as it is, is almost too damn comfortable.

I don't know what it is, but it's almost hypnotic. As soon as I sit down in that thing, I immediately fall asleep. So when I eventually realize I'm asleep, I get up and go to my room and lie down in bed. And then I stare at the ceiling for two hours. It's uncanny. Half the time I can't sleep in my room, but put me in that chair in the living room, and I'm out like a light. Even after getting eight hours of sleep, and I wake up in the morning, crawl out of bed and stumble to the living room, then sit down in front of the tv--it's lights out, baby!

I don't get it.

Maybe it's not the chair at all, but something in the HD Tv signals that relax my brain and puts me in a zombie-like trance.

If that's the case, I'm going to be a full-on flesh-eating creature-of-the-night when football season starts in about two weeks--because I'm going to live in that chair on the weekends!

Mikey

No comments: