Monday, August 20, 2007

Feels Like A Monday

Good morning everyone--I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was relatively dull and uneventful. Seriously, while thinking about it these past couple of days, the only highlight of the weekend I could come up with is that they started serving Chicken Pad Thai in the employee dining room at work.

Yep, that's how dull living in Vegas can sometimes be.

But it's not that bad. Although work is about to drive me crazy (Yep, I'm gonna crack if I don't get some sort of vacation before March...), I still managed to have a little bit of fun on Saturday night. I hadn't hung out with my friends Anna or Jovanka in a few weeks, so we decided that the three of us would go out after work on Saturday and not tell anyone else. It's not like it was a secret or anything, we just wanted to go have a relaxing drink or two and not have to hear other dealers bitching about casino life the whole time.

We survived the pain in the ass that was Saturday night at work, and once I broke free I did my quick change in the parking garage, using the top floor like Superman uses a phone booth. I got out of my skanky work clothes and put on some comfy shorts, flip flops, and a Corona t-shirt. I then made my way over to our favorite watering hole and got there just as Anna was pulling in.

We went inside, and the place was a tomb. There was nobody there except the bartender, cook, and one waitress. So yeah, they were happy to see us. Cory, our fave bartender, hooked us up with a round, and we ordered a pile of monster steak nachos. Jovanka showed up right after that, and the three of us just sat there munching on our nachos and sipping on cold beers and catching up. Michelob Light for me, Heineken for Jovanka, and Corona for Anna Banana.

It was awfully quiet in there, but then my friend Andrea (no, a different Andrea) showed up with a posse of hot women and they came and joined us. I couldn't believe my good fortune. I felt like Hef on an episode of The Girls Next Door... As luck would have it, there was even a digital camera handy.

Anyhow, we had a few laughs, and then the three of us original party-goers headed outside to the patio where we drank, smoked, laughed, and talked until the sun came up. It was good to hang out with those gals again--we always have a good time.

We said our goodbyes, and I headed home to spend the rest of my day sleeping. I got up to watch both the Nascar race and the Cards/Cubbies game, and as luck would have it, both were rained out.

I went back to work last night, a little beat from sleeping too much, and was lucky enough to get an easy string of Pai Gow games. I got an early push, stopped at the grocery store on the way home, and sat down here at the computer to make a quick update so everyone can take a peek into my otherwise dull and uneventful life.

Seriously--I don't even have any good casino stories from this weekend. I had good tables, with good tippers, and nobody got into a fight or tried to take a shot at the house. So I guess it was a good weekend. I just need to get away from the noise, sights, and smells of a casino for more than 48 hours at a time.

Homey needs a vacation.

Mexico, anyone?


No comments: