Friday, February 20, 2009

Trail Mix & Pellegrino


Yep, that's what I'm lunchin' on right now. Now that the work famine has returned, I'm livin' cheap, working my way through the canned goods in the pantry, too.

There's not much going on around here today--it's basically a replay of yesterday afternoon, except that now the bathroom is clean and the laundry is done and I'm not looking forward to doing anything fun tonight. I'm not even gonna go out and play poker. Actually, I'm just hoping the phone rings and I get called into work.

The only thing of interest right now is that I'm fighting with Amazon. A couple of weeks ago, one of my readers sent me a $70 Amazon gift certificate, so I went shopping. I got about 68 dollars-and-change worth of stuff, but they broke it up into three different shipments. The first two arrived, no problem, but the last CD is still sitting in limbo, and they're saying I need to revise my payment, saying there is not enough purchasing power on the certificate.

Of course, I've talked to their customer service department twice this week, and both times the moron on the other end of the phone said they'd take care of it for me, but so far, nothing has changed, and the order is still in limbo. It's beginning to frustrate the hell out of me. And I love Amazon and shop there for about 90% of the stuff I buy, but I'm not spending another dime with them until they get this order straightened out.

On the other hand, my new Wenger backpack arrived from Amazon last night, and it's way cooler than any crappy Jansport I had back in college. It'll be perfect for hauling around all the shiat I carry with me during March Madness, and I won't have to resort to a man-purse now, either. It seems to built pretty ruggedly, and it looks like it can put up with a lot of abuse. As soon as I get a new walking stick, I'm going to spend my days off exploring the local trails, as I actually bought it because I want to get back into hiking, but it'll double as a urban gear bag in the meantime.

That's all for now...

Mikey

No comments: