Since it's the weekend and I don't feel like writing what's on my mind right now, I'll do another one of these surveys that lands in my mailbox from time to time. Here ya go...
1) What does your username mean? Well, back in the early days of the internet, I was more involved with the stock market and was immersed in that world, so my first username was 'Oddlot', which was a great one. But then after me and Chuckie Schwab parted company, and I started working for Go Daddy software, I wanted something more tropical and parrothead-esque. But all the good names and domains were taken. So after trying over and over again to find a good domain name that was available, I settled on Hurricane Mikey. Some of my old 'friends' say that name fits because of the whole dangerous wind thing, but now it's become a permanent fixture. And I get asked a lot, but no, I did not attend the University of Miami. Hell, I've only been to Miami twice in my entire life.
2) Elaborate on your user photo. Ok, well, basically it's hurricane flag with a Jolly Roger superimposed, although an actual hurricane warning uses two flags. So I guess the truth is, my logo is more like strong gale than an actual hurricane...
3) How many comments do you have? As of Saturday, February 21st at 2:58 pm, I have 3,888, not counting the jerkoffs I've deleted, or the first two year's worth of comments that were lost in the fog once I installed the Haloscan commenting software.
4) What's your current relationship status? Non-existent as far as I know, although aside from all the drama going on in Marcie's life right now, I think there is something going on there. She asked me for my number today. But it's complicated--a long post will be forthcoming by Monday.
5) What are you wearing right now? A tan t-shirt, olive green shorts, no shoes.
6) What is your current problem? A lack of poker players in the casino.
7) What do you love most? My family, my friends, sailing, sitting on the beach, writing.
8) What makes you most happy? Family gatherings after a long absence.
9) Are you musically inclined? I think I covered this a few days ago. I don't think I am, others would disagree, but only because I can fake it.
10) What would you do if you woke up one morning and found out you were on cocaine? I dunno, probably wonder why I'm still fat? WTF kinda question is this?
11) If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be? I would've used all my student loan money to buy Microsoft stock at the initial public offering. Seriously, one trip in the time machine--that's exactly what I'd do.
12) If you must be an animal for one day, what would you be? Probably a killer whale. I dig the ocean, no predators, and hey, seafood...
13) Ever have a near-death experience? Was almost killed one day in Alaska--had a boat accident and was chest deep in 36-degree water for almost an hour. Also, I had a motorcycle accident one summer in college--I used to never wear a helmet, and one day I went back in the house and grabbed it for some unknown reason, and that's the day I went down hard. There was also another time that Reverend Dave and I came face to face with a big damn Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake when we were barefootin' around in the woods in Tennessee. Scared the bejeezus out of us.
14) Name an obvious quality you have. Hmmm... Well, I'd like to think I have the ability to tell a good story.
15) What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now? Luckily I don't have any earbugs going right now because I've got my iPod playing a random list through the speakers on the shelf as I'm writing this post. Currently, I'm listening to BB King singing The Thrill Is Gone.
16) Are you happy today? Yes, generally I'm always happy. I'm a little stressed right now though. But I've said it before--my life is an afternoon in a hammock, but it's the people I worry about that get to me.
17) Name someone with the same birthday as you. Kirsten Dunst and Willie Nelson. We're the trifecta of cool right there.
18) Do you have a secret crush on someone? It's no secret. She knows. You all know.
19) Have you ever been in a fight? Last fist fight I got into was in like eighth grade. If somebody wants to take a swing at me nowadays, I'd just bust a cap in 'em, like a fed-up Indiana Jones in a Cairo bazaar.
20) Have you ever sang in front of a large crowd? Karaoke in front of about 30 or 40 people, back-up vocals in front of about a hundred. But I'm a horrible singer. Seriously--you'd laugh if your ears weren't bleeding.
21) What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Attitude, followed closely by the rack.
22) What was your biggest mistake? Attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University for three semesters and two summer terms. Good lord, what an expensive joke.
23) Something totally random about you? Last time I played Guitar Hero, I got booed off the stage three times in a row. ON THE EASY LEVEL! On a real guitar, I could totally play the first two and a half minutes of Cliffs of Dover, but Guitar Hero is a total mystery to me.
24) Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity? Back in the day, people said I looked like John Candy, but nowadays they only compare me to Butterbean. The most random one I heard was one time some chick said I looked like Garth Brooks--I was wearing a brown leather fedora and a plaid shirt at the time, but damn... Garth Brooks?
25) Are you comfortable with your height? Sure. Six feet is cool. I wouldn't mind being an inch or two taller, but that would just make it harder to get in and out of taxi cabs. But this question reminds me of the best joke ever on Cheers. Sam: Hey Norm, what you up to? Norm: My ideal weight if I were nine feet tall, Sammy!
26) What is the most romantic thing someone has ever done for you? About three years ago, I did a post of what I considered the best 100 songs in Rock n Roll history. Well, at the time, me and Sticky were an item, so for Christmas, she bought me an iPod and loaded it with all 100 songs. Then she made another playlist of a bunch of 'our' songs and loaded them on it, too. Then she put the whole thing back in the box and sealed it up like it had never been tampered with. So when I opened it, I had a brand-new iPod, but it was personalized. One of the coolest gifts ever--it just floored me.
27) What is your favorite smell? Bacon cooking, coffee brewing. Campfire smoke. The first whiff of evergreen during the holidays. The 'ocean scent' where the sea meets the land.
28) What is something that really annoys you? People who can't spell. Slow drivers in front of me. Indecision. Political correctness.
29) What's something that you really like? Getting away from it all. Sleeping on a boat. Making a well-timed joke.
30) Do you give random hugs and kisses? I used to, but I'm not allowed at the high school anymore...
31) What's the latest you have ever stayed up? All night, baby! Even if I'm not working, I'm usually up until four or five in the morning, anyways.
32) Have you ever been rushed to the Emergency room? Only when I broke my leg. I've never had to take a ride in an ambulance, though.