Friday, February 27, 2009

A Note of Thanks

Hey everybody--I've got a note that Marcie wrote for all of my readers that she wanted me to post. Here it is:

Hello,

I can’t say thank you enough to everyone who has helped my boys and I, or even just to give us a thought. I am very humbled to be so blessed to have people step into my life, even those of you from a distance to give a second thought to help myself, but mostly my boys.

I know you all have a good interpretation of the things I have gone through the past year. I am so greatly appreciative of everyone’s generosity and good wishes. I have always tried to be an optimistic person, I had always tried to help people wherever I can, I thought the good days of people paying it forward and caring to lend a helping hand were over. I can’t explain or put into words the gratitude I have to all of you, and especially to Mikey, for helping pulling me out of the mess my boys and I were in.

I have read the comments people had left, and want you to know, I never ever once asked Mikey for help or money. It was Mikey’s own good will, good heart and good doing to actually help me. If it weren’t for him, I have no idea where I would be. I can’t believe how lucky I was for him to reach out to me, instead of turning his back like everyone in my family had. (Except my sister. But she is in a similar situation.). I did try looking into homeless shelters. I had never been in this kind of mess before. But they said no, due to the fact my older son is almost 15. It caters more to women and younger children, so my 7 year old made the cut. So that option was out. I have prayed and prayed to have God please help us through this situation. I know God will provide, and I had to keep faith.

When Mike and I started small chat at work in just getting to know him. (no, I never really let my personal life just flow). I believe he would always catch me on my hardest days. He told me he wanted to help, I told him his generosity from his tips was enough, I had no idea this was what he meant. I didn’t even know about his blogging, till a couple weeks ago. Wow…… I’m shocked! This is a really cool site. Never knew I was a part of the story for so long, And now I’m a big part. I know not in a good way. But I want to promise you, this is a story of hope, faith and trust. I just can’t believe every time I think of it, that it’s about me! And you all! And how you paid it forward to help me. I thought people like this were gone; I have always been on the other side of the fence looking in. And to be on this side, it’s tougher than I thought. I have always been a Christian, My faith in people has always been there. But I questioned it. You all, proved to me, we all do have hearts, and care. And when I start to ever think down on things, I’m going to think of you all, and tell the story, of how you all took a piece of my family into yours and helped with your kind words of encouragement and donations. I’m going to remember there are always people who care. Even when we think we are alone, we are not.

I will always do my best to help others like I have I the past. And to no end will I ever stop PAYING IT FORWARD LIKE YOU ALL HAVE DONE FOR ME AND MY BOYS! From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you all. THANK YOU will never be enough. Thank you for caring, for sharing, for helping me get into a place where I couldn’t figure out how I was going to get into financially. And for helping dry up the tears I have cried.

I thank you, and most of all, my boys thank you! They know of this. This is a great lesson for them to learn. I have always taught them to be gentlemen, this lesson will teach them to always be grateful for people everywhere in our life. If you are ever in Hendertucky (I heard it called that a few times, and got a kick out of it. Cuz I'm a hick girl myself)… I would love to thank you personally, face to face. Come into the Omelet House and say HI!

I’m sure Mikey would love to come in and meet you over an omelet. So would I.

Forever grateful,


Marcie, Jarred and Bryce……


As my life has always played out as a country song, I figured it was always themed as “A long trip alone", I now see it as “Angels among us”…!



And I thank you all, too. What a difference a week makes. Last weekend, she was devastated and had no place to turn. This week, the hard part is over and life is looking up. You've all done a wonderful thing, and it makes me proud to know such people.

Mikey

No comments: