Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The One-Legged Ass Whooper

Damn--has it been 4 days since my last post? Holy shiat. Where does the time go?

As you might imagine, I've been busier than a worker bee with a looming deadline. And here it is almost 11:00 on Tuesday, and I just got home. I went in to work last night at 1:00, as usual, and we had a pretty weak game. I thought it would've broke by 3:00 am, but nope, I was dealing all night long--six hours straight without a break. I made great money though, and then at 7:00 when the next dealer came in, I got into the game because it was kinda juicy. I managed to double up my buy-in inside of two hours, so I cashed out and split.

Since it was such a lucrative night for me, I decided to treat myself to a steak and eggs breakfast. While waiting for my meal, I put $20 in the ten-cent triple play video poker machine there on the bartop, and managed to get four Aces. So I turned my initial twenty bucks into seventy-five and cashed out. Woot! I guess I'm just walkin' around lucky today.

Anyhow, I had to jet as soon as I finished my meal--I've got about a thousand things to do today, not the least of which is going to get my truck washed and detailed. The interior is filthy, having not been vacuumed since last September when I went to Phoenix for the weekend. And the exterior is no longer a shiny maroon color, either. It's an unpleasant combination of dust and bird crap.

I have to get it done today, as tonight I've got a 'date' with a real chick. Well, it's Linda Lou and we're just gonna go out for dinner and drinks and such. Being a gentleman, I couldn't subject her to the filthiness that haunts the interior of my truck. Normally, we probably would've just met up at the restaurant, but I told her I'd pick her up just so that I'd *have* to get my truck cleaned. Otherwise, my laziness would keep me from doing it for several more weeks.

Anyhow, as much as I'd like to chit-chat and write all about my adventures over the weekend, I just don't have the time. I have to put some clothes on and head out in just a few minutes, and once I get home, I've got a bunch of housework to do, too.

Y'all have a good one!

Mikey

PS. I'm not scheduled to work for the rest of the week, so I may get some writing done over the next few days.

No comments: