Friday, February 20, 2009

Beerin' and Bloggin' Wif Mah Biatches


Wow, another fun Thursday night with the ladies is in the books, and I must admit, I had a great time once again. I had a rather boring day, but I talked to CarmenSinCity, of sourball fame, earlier this afternoon, and we decided to get down to the bar early. Happy Hour 2-for-1 prices started at 5:00 pm, but the 'official' meet-up with all the Vegas-area bloggers didn't start until six. Screw that man, we wanted to get some drinkin' done before the festivities started. So I called Linda and told her of our plan, and she was down for getting an early start, too.

I pulled in just a couple minutes before five, and Linda drove up just behind me. We wandered in to the bar, and of course we were the first ones there. I believe our first round was a couple of bottles of Alleycat Amber Ale. And as I recall, Linda liked it a lot more than I did.


Anyhow, while we were sitting there talking and catching up and such, Linda reminded me that I had a new internet stalker buddy that was looking forward to meeting me. One of the gals she used to work with, who now shares an office with my favorite lush, Sara, was coming to join us. Her name was Kristen, although everyone calls her Kri-Monster. In fact, when I RSVP'd over on the Beer & Blogger website the other day, I said that I'd be there with three of my favorite ladies--Linda Lou, Carmen SinCity, and Sara 408Down. Well, then the Kri-Monster chimed in and said that I didn't know it yet, but that she'd be one of my favorite ladies by the end of the night, too.

Ok! A fella's gotta like the sound of that!

Anyhow, she was the very next person to show up, although I didn't know it at the time. But when a smartly dressed brunette with piercing blue eyes grabbed a pint of Shiner Bock and sat down to join us, I figured it was her. Once the proper introductions were made, we started chatting and laughing it up like old friends, so yeah, she made the cut and is definitely one of my main gals now. Heh.

After about 45 minutes though, we were getting worried about Carmen. I called her a couple of times and her phone went to voicemail--not a good sign. Besides, I had a bag of her favorite sour ball candy on hand, and people were eyeballing 'em. But we figured she'd eventually show up, making an entrance or something.

Around six o'clock, my baby-girl Sara wandered in, and of course the party was ON at that point. I don't know what it is about her, but whenever we get together, we start laughing. She kinda reminds me of my sister Amy, who is about the funniest person I know, so it's always fun when she's around.

This was the second time I've attended the Beer & Blogger gathering, and this time around was much more social--a whole lot of beer and not a whole lot of blogging was going on. It was more like a regular happy hour this time, although the Twitter freaks were out in force, proselyting like a buncha damn Jehovah's Witnesses.

Since I still don't see the benefit of it, I think I'm getting to the point where I'm not gonna get on Twitter just because it pisses people off. I've got a contrarian streak in me, and for whatever reason, this issue just pushes my button. I guess I get my jollies by seeing the look on people's faces when they find out I'm not a twitterer. I didn't know it was such a powerful force in the universe. Anyhow...

I guess there was a lull in the action, or maybe we'd gotten to the point where the inhibitions were long gone, so Linda decided to stir things up and show off the girls:


Of course I was there to not only snap a picture, but to encourage her, too! Once the camera came out, it was Fun With Magic Marker Time (the gals haven't experienced the whole Sharpie thing, yet...)

And we had to get a group photo, too, but for whatever reason, the camera never found all four of us in the same spot, so this is all I had when I got home last night:


Since no evening is complete without some hot girl-on-girl action, and because I'm a giver, here ya go:
Sara was off being a social butterfly for awhile, so I only got one picture of her the whole time, and here it is:
Don't let the saucy pose fool you--she was drunk at the time! And, I think this is the only picture in existence of her without a drink in her hand. Getting a snapshot this rare was a lot like getting a picture of Bigfoot, Elvis, and the Loch Ness Monster playing Scrabble together.

Anyhow, as it turns out, both Sara and Kri-azy Biatch (my new pet name for Kristen) have started taking guitar lessons this year, and my post from the other day seems to have touched a nerve, and they are now after me to hurry up and buy a new guitar and play with them. Until I do, Kriazy says she has a spare I can use.

While we were sitting there talking, we were subjected to some pretty bad live music there in the bar, and we decided right then and there that we'd practice for awhile, put together a small set-list of about four or five songs, and then one of these nights we'll just rock the house there at the Freakin Frog--show them amateurs how it's done! Yeah!

That might've been the beer talkin' by then, but we're still gonna get together and play. And to avoid any uneasiness, I went ahead and volunteered to be the fat chick in our Wilson Phillips tribute band.

As it turns out, amidst all the laughter and big plans, I got a text message from Carmen. She was alive and well, but had fallen asleep and didn't wake up till about quarter to eight. And since she lives in BFE Summerlin, the party would've been pretty well flamed out by the time she got there. She was sorely missed. I texted her back, saying that we were eating her sour balls. And we *did* kinda have a little tasting party, as one of the bags broke open. We all decided that the orange ones were best, but none of them really went too well with dark beer.

Linda, being the voice of reason, called it a night first, but Sara, Kriazy, and I decided to stay there and chug along like a bunch of freshman during Rush Week. We chilled out, told some stories, drank a beer or two, and just laughed at each other's antics. Eventually, probably about an hour later, we wrapped it up and headed for home.

It was a fun night all around, and it was great to make a new friend. Kri-Monster is a complete goofball, and between her, Sara, Linda, and I, holy shiat, there's enough comedy on tap to make even Dane Cook sound funny.

We've got plans to do a 'group date' dinner at some point next week, and I'm hoping we can get Carmen to wake up and join us, too. Because, if I can't have my four nut-job sisters around to make me laugh, well, I've got four crazy Vegas gals to hang out with.

Mikey

No comments: