Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cole Slaw Recipes

Ok, judging from the comments section, it's clear that my adventures at work this weekend didn't interest many folks, so I'll have to come up with something that generates some feedback, if only to know that people are actually reading. Well, the truth is that the last post was kinda mailed in, and it wasn't up to the standards I set with all of my flowery prose of the past week or so. I guess a drop-off in quality leads to a drop-off in interest. Sometimes a famine is needed to appreciate the occasional feast.



But it's tough to come up with interesting stuff on a regular basis. Sometimes it just flows like water, and goes down smoothly. And sometimes I can't coax it with a carrot or a stick. I don't know the mystery behind it. It's just the way things are in my world. Some days I'm creative, some days I'm not.




But looking for inspiration is actually kind of artificial. It's much better to just stumble upon it naturally. It goes back to the theory that stuff like unplanned roadtrips are always the best. If I think to long or too hard, then the result isn't quite up to par. If I'm tired and bored, same result, if not worse. I just need to find that little niche where I get a flash of inspiration and I run with it without thinking too deeply. Inside the box or outside of it, it doesn't much matter.



Anyhow, I guess my point is, that good ideas and interesting writing cannot be forced. Oh, I can try to make something happen, but sometimes the results are quite what I had in mind.



Maybe you guys can come up with some ideas...

Mikey

No comments: