Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Alive, Just Sleepy

I had such grandiose plans for today, but none of them happened.

I was going to get up early this morning, head over to Omelet House for some breakfast, and then take a few pics of Boulder Highway weirdness that only seems to be visible in daylight. After that, I was wanted to go down to the Strip and take more pics from the top of the Eiffel Tower. It's a beautiful clear day here, and I thought it would be a perfect day to get some cool photos.

But, thinking I wasn't going to work again until late Wednesday night, I didn't get much sleep on Monday, and just after midnight last night, the poker room called and told me to get down there ASAP. I had been up all day, and suddenly I had to work all night. I didn't really want to work, but I need all the shifts I can get this month.

It was a pretty good night to be there, and I got locked down from 2:30 until the game broke a little past 6:30 this morning. I couldn't leave until seven, but I stuck around to talk to the morning crew and have a couple of cups of coffee & Bailey's. By the time I finally got home around nine, I was a zombie. I took a shower and went straight to bed.

I just woke up a few minutes ago and I'm still completely out of it. I want to be up and doing stuff, but I've got that dull ache behind my eyes that tells me I'm still tired. Functioning at half-speed, I can't decide if I want to eat, read, watch a movie, play with the dogs, or just close my eyes again and hit the reset button for the day.

In the meantime, I'm just gonna lie here and yawn for awhile...

Mikey

No comments: