Thursday, January 29, 2009

16 Things About Mikey

1) I was never able to swallow pills until I was a sophomore in college and got Mono. I had to take so many drugs that I forced myself to do it. Before that, I smashed up pills in orange juice or whatever. And to this day, when I want to gross people out, I crunch up aspirin dry and eat it. The taste doesn't bother me at all, and it freaks people out.

2) I have lived in eight states in my life. The shortest was Alaska--six months. The longest was Arizona--13 years.

3) I have no idea how to do a Sudoku puzzle. No clue whatsoever. Somehow I missed this phenomenon.

4) Last night at work, I managed to take 653 pictures of the inside of my pants pocket. I am not making that up. Six hundred and fifty-three.

5) I own more pairs of shoes than I own pairs of pants. And I really don't own that many shoes. I don't know if this is significant, but there it is.

6) There are two foods that will literally make me gag. Beets and salmon. If I try to swallow either one, I *will* puke them back up, almost immediately.

7) Every time I use a box cutter, I can't help but think of those terrorist assholes on 9/11. And I use a box cutter about ten times a week. Seriously, it sits on my nightstand.

8) I have only one magnet on my fridge. It's a skull and crossbones, of course.

9) That TV stand I bought back in early December? Yeah, it's still in the box, leaning against the wall in my bedroom.

10) I have found a chicken fried steak that is just as good as the one at the Peppermill for about about five bucks less. No, I'm not gonna say where it is, either, so don't ask. But the hashbrowns and the ambiance at the Peppermill will keep me coming back.

11) I can't decide on who to root for in the Super Bowl. I have no dog in the race, but I've always kinda liked Pittsburgh. But how can you root against the Cardinals, especially having witnessed the futility up-close and personally for so many years? My brain says to take the Cards and the seven points, so I may let the sports book decide who I'm gonna root for.

12) My most cringe-inducing piece of writing that I've ever put out for public consumption is the only thing that I've ever had published and the only writing I've ever been paid for.

13) I haven't seen the ocean in over four years. Hard to believe, huh?

14) I bought a new laser printer last July and I have yet to print a single document or picture. It basically functions as an end table next to my desk.

15) I broke my prescription sunglasses last weekend at Binion's. I've been mad about it for almost a week now. Losing $200 that night didn't help much, either.

16) It's taken me almost exactly an hour to come up with this list.


Mikey

No comments: