Friday, June 23, 2006

A Little Pizza Follow-up

Well, Dave P. asked, and I kind of hedged my answer to the question of which is better, New York Pizza & Pasta on the west side or Metro Pizza on Tropicana.

I had lunch today at Metro Pizza, like I do most payday Fridays, and I can now officially say that New York Pizza & Pasta is better. Metro is damn fine pizza, to be sure, but I don't think it officially qualifies as 'New York style' pizza. No individual slices are available (except at the Ellis Island outlet), and the crust is too thick.

And my biggest pet peeve of eating at Metro--it takes for-farking-ever to get a beer in the place. If your dining companions order soft drinks or just water, no problemo, they come right away, but you have to wait about ten minutes to get your beer. And it seems to be against the rules to have the person who took your order actually fetch the said beer. I don't know what the problem is, but it drives me nuts. The same thing happened a few weeks ago when I took David and Angy there, and that's when I realized that ordering a beer at Metro takes an act of God.

It's happened time and time again and it really irks the shiat out of me.

Otherwise, the service is top-shelf and the pizza is excellent. But New York Pizza & Pasta makes a more authentic gotham-style pie. And it's a bit cheaper, too.

You wanted me to pick a winner, so there it is.

Mikey

No comments: