Monday, November 17, 2008

Reading, Writing, and Recovering

That's pretty much it for my plans today. I've got the day off (so far), and I don't plan on doing much at all.

Last night, I briefly considered going out for some Grimaldi's and then hitting the 8 pm tournament down at Binion's, but I never motivated myself out the door. I didn't really get any sleep yesterday, and while I was getting dressed to go out, the thought of sitting at a poker table for five hours just didn't appeal to me. So instead, I just took a shower, put on a flannel shirt, and went to bed. No dinner, no poker. Besides, I was afraid that I'd get called in to work again. Not that I would've minded, but once I went to bed, I was totally cool with staying there.

So I got plenty of sleep, dozing through the last half of the Cowboys/Redskins game, then just giving up completely at some point and turning off the TV altogether. I finally woke up around 4:00 this morning, and this time it wasn't because of my phone ringing. Apparently, the poker room can function without me on occasion. So I watched last night's recorded episode of The Unit and then turned on Mike & Mike to provide the background noise while I do this post.

I've got a pot of coffee brewing, and a fresh bottle of peppermint mocha creamer to put me in the proper frame of mind, and my plan is to do nothing for awhile but surf the net and do some reading. I've got a stack of books on my desk that's two feet high that I've acquired over the past couple of months that I need to attack at some point. Besides that, the only productive activity I see on the horizon is going down to the bank when it opens and depositing a small pile of hundies (if only I had that 'chore' every week!) and then filling up the gas tank. As much as I'd like to work today and earn a few more ducketts, I think I'd probably enjoy a full day away, too.

Mikey

No comments: