Saturday, November 08, 2008

Feeling A Little Better Today

But I think that may be the drugs. I slept pretty much the entire day and night on Friday, only waking up a couple of times to drink some juice or take a hot shower. At 3:30 this morning, work called, asking if I could come in, so I did.

There was only one game going, but after about 45 minutes or so, it broke up, so I ended up dealing for less than an hour. I called it a day after making a whopping $29 in tokes. Oh well, it's something.

But the cocktail waitress was taking a break when I got done, so I went and had coffee with her, then I headed back to the parking garage. I ran into Beth, but she was on the tail-end of an all-nighter and entirely too giggly at the time, so said hello-goodbye and I headed out. Being wide awake, I wanted to to something--I guess I was bored. I just didn't want to come right back home. I didn't want to test fate by going out to breakfast, although I was kinda hungry. I would've liked to have gone and played some poker, but I checked the computer at the desk before I left, to see if any of our nearby properties had games going, but everyone else was dead, too. Hell, I was even tempted to go play some dice, but that temptation passed after about two minutes.

So, I just stopped at the store on the way home for some Coke and Gatorade, and now I'm just chillin', waiting for the morning football games to start.

At 9:00 o'clock, I've got to call up to the new Aliante Station and try and get a dinner reservation at their steakhouse--it's the 'dress rehearsal' weekend before the grand opening on Tuesday, so their letting us go up and try the new restaurants for free and play with monopoly money at the table games. The steakhouse still has openings, but most of the other restaurants have been booked up already. If I can get in, great, if not, no big deal--I'm still fighting a cold and it's a long damn drive up there to Aliante. But for a free meal at an upscale steakhouse, I've got to try and take a shot.

Also, all of that Pai Gow and poker with Sticky at Treasure Island, New York New York, and MGM Grand over the past two years has finally paid off. Back in the day, we'd always bitch and moan because they never gave us any offers, and we gave them a lot of action (well, Sticky always got free rooms at the Mirage and NYNY, but that's it). Anyhow, just this week I got an email from MGM with an offer for three free nights, anytime except holiday weekends between now and December 24th.

Eddie B has been talking about wanting to come up for a quick weekend trip again before the end of the year, so I talked to him and we booked a weekend in December. Three free nights at the MGM Grand--not too shabby! I'll gladly take that. Too bad it wasn't good through March--I could've really used 'em then. Anyhow, when he comes up, we'll spend a couple of days watching football, playing poker and pai gow, and I think I'm gonna make him run the hooker gauntlet over at the Tropicana, just for the entertainment value. He always gets flustered, especially around the skanky ones, so it should be a fun way to spend some time. I'm just hoping that there's a good band there that night.

That's all for now.

Mikey

No comments: