Monday, November 24, 2008

Failure to Launch

Hey gang, after that epic post about the night down at the booze-fest, I felt like I was pretty much spent. I know it only takes about ten minutes to read something like that, but it takes about four hours to write it, download the pics, and do all of the editing.

So my plan for the day was to do a whole lot of nothing except housework, since I've been gone for the past couple of days and the house needs a bit of attention. But, I woke up this morning after about seven hours of sleep when Reverend Dave called, and once we got off the phone, I made a pot of coffee. I guess that motivated me to get busy, so while I was mulling my next few posts around in my head, I went downstairs to do a load of laundry or two. My workshirts needed to be washed, along with about 30 lbs. of black clothes.

To my surprise, I saw that my roommate had installed a brand-spankin' new washer and dryer down in the laundry room. So I put in my first load, took out the trash, and then started to clean out the fridge and the pantry. Then I heard my phone go off upstairs--somebody had left me a message.

I ran up to check, and it was work, saying they needed me and they'd give me a couple of minutes to call back before they called somebody else. So I did the quick redial thing and managed to pick up another shift in about an hour and a half. Whew! It's been a very lean week, so this helps enormously.

So then I ran back downstairs to check the settings on the new washing machine to see how long the wash cycle took, and then I noticed that the new dryer was unplugged. Uh oh, that's not a good sign. So I called my roommate, and he told me that he needs to get a gas-coupling reducer or something like that to make the new dryer fit onto the gas line. So we have no dryer yet. And all of my uniform shirts are in the washing machine as I type this.

So it looks like I'll be tying one to the antenna and driving to work like a white-trash hillbilly, trying to dry my shirt.

Actually, I'm hoping this new washing machine has a super-high speed spin cycle, and since my work shirts are 100% polyester, I figure they'll be mostly dry by then anyways.

Anyhow, the point is, now that I've got all this motivation, I was going to spend a good chunk of the day writing stuff for your enjoyment. But now I've got to go to work...

Mikey

No comments: