Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Why Is All The Rum Gone?

It may be hump day, but it feels like a Monday to me. First of all, I had the day off yesterday, but it didn't seem like I took full advantage of it--I want a do-over!

I was unable to sleep all night long, so around four or five am, I forget which, I put on a pot of coffee and started writing. Once I made my post and finished my coffee, I turned off the computer and the light and immediately fell asleep. For two hours.

I was awakened by Tom Jones. Well, not exactly Mr. Jones himself, but a certain attractive young lass's ringtone is She's A Lady, so I've been conditioned to dive for my phone whenever I hear that song. But she was texting me first thing in the morning, which made my day, since I figured I wouldn't hear from her until I saw her on Friday. But after a few messages back and forth, I told her to get some rest and that I'd see her in a couple days. But then my mind was racing and I was unable to sleep.

Tired as hell but not being able to sleep is a tough combo, and it ate up most of my morning. But around noon, I got up and took a shower, and as soon as I got dressed, I laid back down and immediately fell asleep. For two hours.

The TV was on, so I woke up in the middle of Pardon The Interruption, and I watched that until it's conclusion, and then forced my droopy ass up and out of the house. My first stop was at Angy's favorite store, Lee's Discount Liquors (there's one on Eastern and Sunridge Heights Pkwy, just a few minutes from the house), to pick up some rum. Not just any rum, but a bottle of Mt. Gay Barbados Rum, which is my personal favorite. I grabbed a bottle of that, and then spent another twenty minutes or so just browsing the aisles, trying to keep from going crazy and spending too much money on all that tasty booze I was drooling over. I considered buying some Tuaca, maybe some Grand Marnier, more Baileys and Kahlua, perhaps some vanilla or blueberry vodka. Hell, they even had my favorite wine on sale for $18 a bottle. But in the end, I found my way back to the rum section and picked up a bottle of premium Mt. Gay Sugar Cane Rum. I've never had it before, but I heard it's very good.

I suppose a tasting party would be in order, very soon.

After cashing out at the liquor store, I drove over to the cleaner/alterations shop and picked up my work clothes that had gone in for repair, and then hit the Taco Bell next door for some grub. I came straight home and ate my quesadilla and crunchy tacos while watching the WSOP main event coverage on ESPN.

When that ended, I considered playing a little online poker, but I just wasn't feelin' it. I did, however, go to the T2V chatroom and talk to Angy for a bit, but after that I wanted to go outside, sit on the balcony, smoke my cigar, drink my rum, and just enjoy a peaceful evening. But damn, my lack of sleep was just killing me and I was just too tired--when I thought that it'd take an hour or more to smoke my cigar, well, it just killed my motivation. So I turned off the TV, got undressed, turned off the lights, and went to bed.

This time, I slept for three hours.

I've been up ever since. But my alarm is set to go off at five, so if the pattern holds, I should be able to get another two hours of sleep if I close my eyes as soon as I post this...

I'm out.

Mikey

No comments: