Monday, September 29, 2008

Opportunity Knocks

Unfortunately, sometimes I'm not there to hear the doorbell.

I am just sick right now. Seriously, I feel like I got kicked in the nuts by an angry cocktail waitress. That pit in my stomach is feeling up with disappointment, and I'm afraid I may choke on it.

Ugh.

I just got off the phone with work, just to kinda get a feel for how business was today since the market was tanking, and kinda wondering why I didn't get called in all weekend since the bad-beat jackpot was up over a quarter-million dollars.

Well, the main reason I didn't get called in all weekend was because that the bad-beat jackpot hit yesterday morning. At 8:45 am.

Here's the part that makes me sick... Every day this past week, I sat in the old guy's 4/8 game from 8:00 am until 9:00 am. And would've been doing so again yesterday had I been scheduled. When the jackpot hit (at another property), there were so few players at all of the sister properties around town that the players' share was $5600 each.

Had I been working yesterday, I would've won $5600. When it happened, in our room there were four regular players in the game, the second dealer, and the floorman--Six people playing, each getting a players' share of over five grand. Hell, even if I weren't playing, and dealing at the time instead, I still would've had another thousand dollar day!

Seriously, it feels like a kick to the groin. But it's worse than that because not only did I miss out on a share of the jackpot, work is going to be deathly slow for me for another month.

Mikey

No comments: