Friday, September 12, 2008

It's An Agreeable Town

Me? Wide awake, hoping the phone doesn't ring for the next several hours. The rest of the world--asleep, preparing for an easy Friday at work.

Yeah, I've been up all night, but my mood has improved considerably. I got a nice long nap in yesterday afternoon, and played a bunch of good poker, too. Yep, after my second place finish after I got home from work, I played in five more tournaments, cashing in four of them. I think the nap helped!

Once I grew weary of surfing the internet and playing cards, I settled in to watch a movie from the DVR library. I recorded Shooter a couple weeks ago, and while I know that a lot of people make fun of Mark Wahlberg's acting chops, but I enjoy his movies. It was a fun action flick for about an hour and a half, but then they had to go and have Ned Beatty and his pig-squealing ass give a fantasy political speech that added nothing to the movie but eye-rolling from the audience. They made up for it, though, by making sure he got whacked at the end. Anyhow, it was a nice diversion, but the DVD won't be getting added to the collection anytime soon.

Now that the movie is over, I'm keyed up and ready to do something... Anything. But I don't know what I should do. I'm not sure if my roommate is home or not, so I don't want to go down to the kitchen and bang around. But then, I'm not really hungry. I sorted some laundry, wiped down the bathroom counters and scrubbed the toilet, picked up all the scraps of paper on my bedroom floor, and farted around at my desk for awhile. Now I'm out of ideas.

I feel like I should be doing some writing, however, as much as the flesh is willing, the spirit is weak on this one. Something maybe coming to me later, so you re-clickers might have something to look forward to, but I don't know.

I guess I could spend a few hours ripping CDs to my iPod--that would give me something to do while I watch ESPN...

More later.

Mikey

No comments: