Friday, September 05, 2008

Too Much Is Never Enough

4.1 bottle of happiness:


Or, as I like to call it, the Four Horsemen of the Rumpocalypse.

Ok, so after my little shopping trip to Lee's Discount Liquor the other day, I was feeling a little remorseful that I didn't pick up any Captain Morgan. I had none in the house, and it's a staple, every bit as important and useful as coffee, hot sauce, or peanut butter. Seriously, running out of The Captain is an inconvenience almost on the scale of running out of quilted Northern. You can do without it for a few days, but nobody's gonna want to hang out with you...

So this afternoon, as I was oot and aboot (as Sticky would say), I decided to hit the liquor store again and fill that hole in my rum collection. My original plan was to pick up two different bottles, and I was leaning towards a bottle of the Captain's Private Stock, but I was tempted by the fruit of another on the rum aisle. I saw something that wasn't there earlier in the week--a bottle of Mt. Gay Eclipse Silver rum. I've never had that before, so that went into my shopping basket, along with a bottle of the original Captain. I love silver rum--if you get a good one, it's the best thing to mix with fruit juice. People that drink bloody marys or screwdrivers with their breakfast have no idea what they're missing.

And as it turns out, my favorite gal is currently "on a Patron kick", so I picked up a mini-bottle of that for her while I was there, too. That explains the point-one thing.

So in addition to my twenty-odd bottles of rum I already have on hand (my garage is beginning to look like that underground stash on Pirates of the Caribbean, before Elizabeth Swann got to it), I've got four new bottles of tasty goodness to choose from.

If you look closely at the picture, you'll see that I've already had a tot or two of the Sugar Cane rum (bottle "D"). It's pretty damn good, but it doesn't surpass the flavor or depth of my favorite, the original Eclipse version (bottle "C"). And that Eclipse rum makes the best pina coladas you will ever taste--just add ice, pineapple juice, and some Coco Loco.

Anyhow, that was kind of the highlight of my afternoon. As it turns out, I didn't get my manicure today, as per the original plan.

Last night, just after midnight, I was asleep in front of the SportsCenter highlights when my phone woke me up again. Beth was calling, and she sounded kind of upset. She had just gotten home from work and there was some drama she had to deal with, and she wanted to talk for a bit. I listened and we talked, and eventually, I helped her get back in a better mood and giggling again. In the course of our conversation I found out that I was her only appointment for the next day (today), so I told her that I'd reschedule if she wanted to, saving her from having to go into work for just an hour. But she came up with an offer I couldn't refuse.

She said she'd get her stuff from the spa, and she'd rather just have me come over to her place this weekend and get my manicure done for free. I couldn't pass that up, so instead of having to crash the gates at this country club where she works, we're eliminating the middle-man and I'm gonna just go spend the afternoon with her. I'd rather do that anyways. And of course I wouldn't let her do my nails for free--she's gonna get dinner out of the deal, so it's kind of a win/win situation as far as I can tell. And as a bonus, I get to spend some *real* time with her, free from work schedules or time constraints.

Other than that, there's not much else to report. I've got a poker-centric rant in the hopper, but that'll show up maybe on Monday morning. Tomorrow kicks off six days straight of work for me, plus my much-anticipated afternoon/evening with my favorite gal, and it's also the beginning of football season, so I won't be around much until probably Monday.

See ya then!

Mikey

No comments: