Monday, September 29, 2008

Halfway Through My Morning Coffee

... and I thought Hmmm, maybe I should post a Monday morning update.

So here goes...

First of all, the good news. The Rams fired their head coach last night after losing another game in spectacularly ugly fashion. They're 0-4 and probably gonna be 0-5 because they head to Washington after their bye week. But there's no place to go but up, and my team isn't burdened with expectations this season. So yeah, I'm happy that they're finally doing something to turn their fortunes around, but I'll be shocked if we win three games all year.

And I know I said that I wasn't going to play any poker at PokerStars for awhile, as the bad-beats had gotten to the F.N. Ridiculous level as of late, but last night around 5:30, my phone started beeping at me. It was a reminder of the weekly gathering of Buffoons, but I opted out, citing the fact that I only had $2.65 in my account, and the buy-in was $5.50. Since I'm still a little short-stacked as far as the beginning-of-the-month bills go, there was no way I was depositing any more cash. But then some generous yob transferred three bucks to my account, eliminating my excuse. I paid him back by eliminating him from the tournament an hour later.

It turns out, I actually made it to the money, taking third place. Of course, I broke one of my cardinal rules by ignoring the fact that an Ace is *not* a pair, and it bit me. But I'll take the win--it's been a long time coming.

My weekend was fairly mellow--I got out of work early on Saturday, lost my ass in the college football picks, and then spent all of yesterday lounging around watching NFL and emailing back and forth with a couple of my more engaging readers. I was on-call, but the poker room never called, so I just hung around the house all weekend, opting not to go out and spend money.

Next weekend, however, I have some buffoonery planned. My gal Jen is having a birthday, and we're gonna go out and tie one on. We haven't hung out in FOREVER, as she had found herself a jealous boyfriend awhile back and was off the market completely for a long time. But they recently broke up, she moved out, and we're gonna go out just like old times. It should be lotsa fun. I told her that I'm bringing my Sharpie markers with me, too.

Back in the day, when she first started seeing this guy, before it got too serious, her and I went out one night after work and got a little too drunk. I don't quite remember how it got to that point, but she has quite the ample bosom and I ended up drawing all over her boobs with a Sharpie marker. She went home, passed out, and her boy showed up later and Freaked. The. Hell. Out. Bad times all around... He was still bitching to me about it almost a year later.

Anyhow, now that she's taken the 'L' out of lover and it's over, she suggested that I go Michelangelo all over her Sistine Chapel once again, but this time we take a bunch of pics and send them to her ex.

Always happy to lend a hand...

I don't have much on the agenda for today. I don't think work is gonna call, so the day is mine. I'm gonna finish my pot of coffee, then motivate myself down to the kitchen and make some sausage and biscuits. I may do a load of laundry or two, and dammit, I still have another bookshelf that needs to be put together. I guess I should appreciate the fact that I have a couple of days off, but it's tough when I don't have the resources to fully exploit them.

Mikey

PS. Speaking of Sistine Chapels, imagine the artwork Mikeyangelo could unleash on this old-school canvas!

No comments: