Thursday, September 18, 2008

Is It Thursday Already?

Ok gang--one note of housekeeping here. This blog is about to get a wee bit more boring. I had a sit-down with the Boss and the Big Boss this morning, and the bottom line is that I had to sign a confidentiality agreement. So the Word from On High is that whatever happens in the poker room, stays in the poker room. No stories from work can be shared here in the public forum.

No, I'm not in trouble at all, but there were some drama going on, involving other people, and we all got swept up in it. I'm not sure, but I think some other folks paid a severe price for it, if you know what I mean and I think you do, so I'm not going to take any chances. And that's all I have to say about that. On the plus side, however, I went from thinking I was going to get canned when I got to work this morning to finding out that out of all the part-timers, (and remember, I'm the lowest-ranking toad in the poker room), I'm the one getting the most hours scheduled every week. And my schedule is improving too--not just more hours, better hours.

In the meantime, I got home early today, and set about downloading some music. At the same time I was wasting my afternoon over on YouTube, and I found these two videos from our overseas troops. Well, one if from the Brits, but I still consider them 'our' troops. Anyhow, they gave me a giggle, so I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. First of all, from the Navy:



Secondly, from the Brits:



Catchy tunes, huh?

Anyhow, that's what I've been doing with my afternoon. When I got home today, I saw that my check for my poker winnings had arrived, so as soon as I make this post, I'm off to the bank, then I'll get my truck washed and the oil changed. When I get back home, I'll finish my laundry and start packing for the weekend. I'm hoping to get out of work a bit early tomorrow and hit the road early enough to avoid the worst part of rush-hour traffic in Phoenix. My first stop is at Eddie B's place, and he lives waaaay down in the southeast valley, almost an hour past Ed W's house.

We'll have some dinner, drinks, and maybe a cigar or two, but we decided to cancel our traditional evening at the 'ballet'. Regardless, I'm gonna take lots of pictures while I'm there and I'll have some good stories to share, too.

I may post some more later, but that's all for now.

Mikey

No comments: