Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy Friday!

Good morning everyone--I hope your day goes smoothly and you all have a great weekend. I was reading yesterday's post, and the comments that came with it, and I really must apologize. I didn't mean to come off as such a downer. It's just one of 'those' weeks where shiat ain't going the way it's supposed to. Couple that with job frustration and my irritation with a friend, and it sounds like a recipe for a blues song.

Sorry--didn't mean to make it sound like life was so bad. Besides, if you want to hear some real griping, just come sit in the employee dining room with me during my break time and listen to some of my co-workers. I'm happier than a kid amped up on sugar with a pocket full of Chuck-E-Cheeze tokens compared to most of them. Hell, even I got sick of it and sat outside with the smokers so I didn't have to listen to all the bitching and whining.

And speaking of work, it was just about as good as I could've hoped for last night. My favorite cocktail waitresses were working my section, I was on my favorite string of tables that stayed busy all night, and I had a bunch of fun and generous players that were winning. And they were even serving some of my favorite Mongolian beef and rice for dinner in the break room. To top it all off, I got out 40 minutes early yet still got full tokes for the entire shift. Not too shabby. Or as I've heard it put, it was just an inflatable doll short of a perfect day...

Today, here in America's Playground, is Nevada Day, which I've never quite figured out what exactly we're supposed to be celebrating. But that hooch Andrea has the day off as all banks, schools, and gub-mint offices are closed. (I'm not jealous at all...) Of course, it means that I've got a whole lot less errands to run today, so I guess the bills will get paid and sent on Monday instead.

I hope there are parades, speeches, and fireworks, but I'm guessing it'll be more like Columbus Day instead the Fourth of July, just without all the Indians protesting and such. Whatever the celebration is, I'm sure I'll be missing out as I hang around my apartment folding laundry and watching SportsCenter (oh, and filling out job applications online).

In the meantime, I want to give a shout out to the family back in Nashville, as they're all doing their pre-cruise spa day, getting manicures and pedicures and such, and doing last minute packing before they head down to America's Wang--Florida--tomorrow to embark on 10 days worth of tropical buffoonery. I wish more than anything I could be there with them!

Oh well, maybe it'll inspire me to write up some stories about cruises past if I have any spare time next week. I just wish I had a scanner--I started going on cruises back before digital cameras were cheap and abundant, and the pictures I have of the water down in the Bahamas must be seen to be believed. It's was so blue that it looked fake.

Anyhow, I just got home from work, so I've got to put on some swim trunks, pour myself a rum drink, grab a cigar, and head out to the hot tub for some quality relaxation time before getting a few hours of sleep.

Y'all have a great day, and don't worry about me none. Like the long-haired freaky person once said, I'm alive and doin' fine!

Mikey

No comments: