Thursday, October 04, 2007

Best Conference Ever

I love me some football, and SEC college ball is probably the best product available in an infinite array of football choices. I'm actually starting to become one of those people who like college football better than the NFL. Yeah, I still love me some Sunday football, but the NFL rules on broadcasting (that stupid DirecTV monopoly) and all of the commercial breaks make it tough to remain a crazy fanatic.

Anyhow, as great as the South Eastern Conference is every year, who would've thought that a marquee matchup this season would feature Kentucky vs. South Carolina?

My only wish is that this game were on Saturday afternoon instead of tonight, just so I could watch the whole thing in it's entirety. Unless I'm stuck on a dead Pai-Gow game at 7 pm tonight, I'm probably gonna miss the fourth quarter.

Also, because I haven't been down to work in the past two days, I'm unable to bet on the game. South Carolina is favored by 4.5, and I think I'd lay the points and take the Gamecocks in this one. The Ol' Ball Coach is undefeated against Kentucky, and playing at home, I think they win by a touchdown.

But man, what a great game it's gonna be!

Mikey

No comments: