Tuesday, March 03, 2009

What Day Is It?

I think I'm kinda out of it today, and I don't even have any drugs to blame. I worked for a little while last night, giving me a grand total of SEVEN hours for the week, and now I'm off until next Sunday night.

Famine, indeed.

Yep, Mikey is po' and broke again. It sucks.

Anyhow, once the game broke up this morning, I came home but couldn't get right to sleep. I had the laptop on the bed, and I was lying here surfing the net, looking for something to write about, when my jaw started hurting--kinda like a toothache, but deeper. It was a weird thing--if I were lying down, it hurt. If I sat up or stood up, I felt fine. Hmmm. So I popped a couple of Aleve tablets, made a pot of coffee, and settled down. Eventually, the dull throb went away, and I got pretty drowsy, so I fell asleep after just half a cup of coffee. The whole pot sat here and got cold.

I guess I was pretty tired, because I didn't wake up again until I heard my phone ringing. It was Marcie. I answered, and the the first thing she said was Hey--where are you?

Huh? What? as I was thinking to myself Was I supposed to be somewhere today?

Apparently, it's Tuesday. And I've had breakfast/lunch at the O-House every single Tuesday since the calendar turned over to 2009. Marcie was working, obviously, and was concerned when I didn't show up.

I guess I subconsciously decided not to spend any money this week, and didn't even think about going out to eat, so I just kinda fell asleep and forgot about it. And she was worried about me, so that was nice. On the other hand, I should've gotten up and headed over there, because another $200 in donations came in the mail yesterday, and I've got to get it to her.

Anyhow, we chatted for a bit, and she's got some errands to run this afternoon, but said she'll call me up later and might come over for a bit. That'll be nice. I mean, damn, I haven't seen her in like 48 hours--I don't know what to do...

Otherwise, there ain't a damn thing going on around here. Life is slow, the poker room is dead, and now I'm bored. I'm hoping things pick up, or this is gonna be the leanest March Madness since 2002--the year I came to Vegas with my last $110 in the world and Eddie's change bucket. I know it won't be that bad, but it's not lookin' good right now.

Mikey

PS. Now that Marcie's needs have been taken care of, I'm going to leave the PayPal donation button up (as per several requests, actually) as a tip jar. If you still want to contribute to the 'Marcie Fund', you may still do so by sending a check or dropping it in the PayPal, just indicate that you wish it to go to her, not me. Thanks!

No comments: