Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Another Hump Day Is Here

And you know what that means? It means we're that much closer to The Madness. Oh yes, I cannot wait. Like I said before, my Madness begins tonight with some low-grade buffoonery with SteveB from DC. I'll fetch him from the airport this evening, then it's off to the Peppermill for our usual first-meal-of-the-Madness with a couple of other folk, then I'll take him downtown. We may hang out there for a bit, but I'm not going to make a late night out of it. Well, I may play some poker later, but that's an iffy proposition.

Then it kicks off for real tomorrow morning when I pick up Cyndi. Once we get her checked into the hotel, we're meeting Dougie and Eric for some lunch at the Triple 7 Brewpub, and then, well, all bets are off. I will be drunk incognito for the next few days.

As far as this year's St. Paddy's day went, it was pretty lame. I was up all day farting around, finally got to sleep late in the afternoon, then woke up around 9pm. I got dressed and headed down to the casino at 11, but by the time I got there, both games had broken and they were shutting down the room for the night. That kinda sucked. No drunks to fleece.

Since the floorman didn't have to stick around, we took off and headed for the bar. We didn't go to Sierra Gold, like I wanted to (it's my new favorite), but we went over to Chilly Palmer's, which I don't like so much anymore. Of course, when we got there, it was a total sausage-fest. Not one single chick in the place. But since we were already there, we stayed. We chilled out for a few hours, had a few Newcastles and some hot wings, but later on the bartender came over to talk to us and he Just. Wouldn't. Shut up.

Oh dear god, it was annoying. That pretty much drove us out of there, and since it was getting late anyways, well, it was a good enough excuse to call it a night. I guess I didn't get enough sleep the day before, and I was pretty damn tired--I took a shower and passed right out.

Of course, my phone was ringing at 6:30 this morning--it was Mamasan, all excited about the weekend, but since everyone else was at work today, she had nobody to chat with. So she woke me up. We talked for a bit, but I was still out of it, so I went back to bed.

Now I'm up, and I'm busy doing the last minute stuff before I head out for the weekend. I started on the bathroom last night, and it's pretty clean, except I need to scrub the tile in the shower and also windex the mirrors, but then I'll be finished in there. I've still got a few other housekeeping items on the checklist to do today--more laundry, change the bed linen, print my bracket (I've got Louisville winning it all), rip some CDs, clean the coffeemaker, and vaccuum the bedroom floor. I'm also gonna go and get my truck washed and detailed (some turdcutter dumped a coke on the passenger's side window in the Walmart parking lot the other day), hit the bank and the liquor store, and maybe go buy a new shirt and another pair of cargo shorts. I'm also assembling all the stuff that goes in the backpack, too.

Otherwise, that's it--there ain't much else going on around here. When I get home this afternoon, I think I may grab a beer or two and just sit out in the sun, relax, and unwind for a bit. I think I may need to charge up the batteries before I go flat-out stupid this weekend.


No comments: