Monday, March 30, 2009

Time To Pack


Well, it's that time again--time to find a new place to live. No, there's no drama or anything like that going on here at the homefront. It's been a good place to live and my roommate has been almost ideal. But it's his house, and he's taking on a huge new responsibility, so I have to move out.

His mom is elderly and in poor health, and recently took a bad fall. She broke about four or five bones from her shoulder to her leg and is now confined to a wheelchair, pretty much permanently. And she's moving here to Vegas and needs a place to live while she recovers, so my roommate is putting her up in his bedroom for a year, and he'll need to move upstairs into my bedroom (the only other room with a bathroom), so I'll have to find a new place to live by June.

I hate moving, but damn, I sure am glad I didn't order that new HDTV yet, and my laziness paid off by not putting together that huge TV stand that's still in the box and has been leaning against the wall in my bedroom since the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Anyhow, I'm hoping to stay here in the same area--I like living in Green Valley, but I've got to start looking pretty soon. I'd like to be out in a month, but I've got two months before I have to go. We'll see what happens, and I'll keep ya posted.

Mikey

No comments: