Monday, March 09, 2009

Unmotivated

Hey gang--I hope your Monday is better than the one we're having in Vegas right now. It's cold and dark and the wind is howling. Pretty much no fun at all.

I just got home from work awhile ago, and I'm chillin' for a couple of hours. I actually worked all weekend, but the shifts weren't very good at all--My Friday night and Saturday night shifts were very short and I didn't have a chance to make any real money, so that bummed me right out for Sunday--I slept all day and laid around with a case of the 'blahs'. I didn't even go have breakfast at the O-House like I normally do. That caused Marcie some concern--she called me last night, wondering again if I'd fallen off the earth, but then, I hadn't seen or talked to her since Thursday.

Long story short, once she gets the kids off to school, we're gonna go spend the day together. She's got a couple of small errands to run, and well, I don't have much going on, so she invited me to join her. We'll probably go have a donut at Friendly's, or maybe actually make it over to another breakfast joint we've been wanting to try out. I don't really care what we do, I'm just glad to spend the day goofing off with her.

Anyhow, since I had a case of the blahs this weekend, I didn't get much writing done. I really *wanted* to, but I just didn't hear the muse. I basically kept to myself for three days straight, making deposits into the sleep bank for the next time the jackpot gets big, doing some reading, and trying to make the jump from G to D to C to A minor without sounding like a fat-fingered rookie. My weekend was rather dull.

But today is looking up. I've already had a coffee & Kahlua, I put a hundred bucks into the March Madness coffee can, and I get to spend the day with my favorite lady. Not bad for a Monday morning.

BTW, I'm having trouble with my the Haloscan software--it's the outside vendor that hosts my comments section. First of all, they've 'upgraded' their systems a few days ago, and the damn site is down more than it's up. So sometimes it's tough to leave comments. Also, the comments section is being moderated for now, so y'all can stop making double posts. I'll 'dump' the comments as quickly as possible, so feel free to jump in and say something, but again, the software is sucking ass right now, so it may or may not be working for a bit. Patience, please.

Mikey

No comments: