Thursday, October 16, 2008

Staring At the Blank Page. Again.

Man, as much as I'd love to post an entertaining update, the well is a little dry this week. Maybe Cruise Week took it out of me, but I'm also feeling a little out of sorts this week. I've not been sleeping well at all, and work has just really taken it out of me these past few days.

I'm afraid that I'm also on the way to getting sick, and probably sooner rather than later. Not only can I tell that my system isn't running at 100%, but there was some jackass at the poker table all day today coughing and wheezing all over the cards, chips, and in the air. And of course he spent the majority of the morning in seat #10, right next to me.

I did what I could--I got happy with the hand sanitizer as soon as I got off the table every time, and then when I got home, I drank an entire 46 oz bottle of V8 Fusion Light veggie & fruit juice, took some medicine and went to bed for a short nap. After work on Friday, I'm hitting the drug store for some Zycam or something to make sure that if I *do* get sick, it's a mild one.

I'd hate to get sick right now--Dougie's coming to town next weekend and we've got a three-day poker bender planned, so I've got to be feeling my best.

I haven't done much tonight--did some reading, a little online shopping, and watched Samantha Brown take a Carnival cruise that stopped in Cozumel. You know I'm lovin' that.

Otherwise, there just ain't much going on. Sorry to be so dull and boring, but I think the lack of visceral experience this week and low biorhythms are conspiring against my creative juices.

Maybe something interesting will happen this weekend.

Mikey

No comments: