Saturday, October 04, 2008

Kicking Off My Weekend

I know that the header says Saturday morning, but to me it's still kinda like Friday night, such as it was. I've been dozing on and off for the past 12 hours, but now I'm wide awake. There's nothing on the tube, except for one of the HD channels is showing Chinatown, so it's playing in the background, commercials and all.

Anyhow...

Let's see here, what's been going on since Wednesday...

Well, I've been working quite a bit. The money has been so-so. Nothing to get excited about, and yesterday was actually kind of weak. But once I bailed out of work on Thursday, I went up to the parking garage and found Kendra sitting in her truck listening to the radio, parked right next to me. And she was kind enough to have brought me an icy cold Coke, too. That was nice.

So we chatted for a minute or two, and I had her follow me over to a local Chinese restaurant for lunch. It was good, cheap, and relaxing--just the way it should be. After lunch, we just hung out visiting for awhile, then she headed back home to northern frontier, while I hung out at the house watching playoff baseball and drinking beer.

Yesterday at work was fairly relaxing, but the old feller's game was actually a lot of fun. I don't know why, but everyone was laughing it up and having a good time. And some poor fool made a $50 bet with me on the election, thinking the Obamination would get elected. Whatever. I'll take your fifty bucks and light my damn cigar with it, celebrating another Republican victory in November. Not that I want to go all political here, but taking this guy's money would be especially juicy for me, just because he's such a pain in my ass.

Besides the good times and laughs at the poker game, Drew from Wisconson showed up to play for about an hour. I don't think he did too well in the game, but I know he made up for it with the video poker once he bailed on the card room. Anyhow, we're gonna be meeting up for dinner at Grimaldi's this weekend, so my Sunday night poker game with the buffoons is gonna get skipped this time around.

And speaking of poker, I thought my account at P-stars was empty, but I logged on last night to see how many frequent player points I had, and to see if there were any freerolls available. But it showed that I had $1.45 still on hand, so I signed up for a $1.20 sit-n-go with 45 players. I ended up getting sixth place, which was a nice diversion for the evening--cheap entertainment for two hours, and now I've doubled my stake to over three bucks. Woot!

But once I got out of work, I headed over to the bank once again, made a small deposit, grabbed some lunch, then came home to answer emails and surf the net for awhile. But my last two nights of having only four hours of sleep caught up with me, and I was facedown in front of the laptop within an hour, happily snoozin' away for the afternoon.

Now, of course, I'm wide awake, but luckily I'm not scheduled to work in the morning. Actually, I'm supposed to be off until Tuesday, but I told the bosses to go ahead and call me if they need an extra body, and they agreed. Otherwise, my day today is going to consist of a lot of college football and a few bottles of Sam Adams Octoberfest.

My gal Jen called me last night, too, and we ended up talking for about an hour--we're gonna go out tonight for her birthday with a few of our other friends--but it was nice to catch up. She's been all involved in a serious relationship for so long that we haven't talked in what seemed like forever, so we had lots to talk about. But once my long day of college football is over, I've got a long night of buffoonery ahead of me.

So besides a few lottery tickets football parlay cards and some old-school buffoonery, I don't really have a whole lot going on this weekend. I've got Sunday night dinner at Grimaldi's, and then on Monday I think Kendra and I might be getting together again, so I'll be far from bored, but I'd certainly like to pick up another shift in the poker room while I'm at it.

Mikey

No comments: