Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's Good To Be Back!


As great as it was to get away for a few days, it's nice to finally be back home. I had a great weekend hanging out with Dougie and living like a tourist for a few days, but we were both certainly ready to call it a weekend just about the time I dropped him off at the airport. Poker, gambling, free drinks, late-night buffoonery, and epic people-watching are always great fun, and it was just what I needed--time away from the Real World.

Luckily I've got the chance to ease back into that real world--I'm just on call on Tuesday, and I'm guessing that I won't get called in, so the transition from drunken tourist to working stiff should be quite painless this time around. If I'm not working, I plan on spending the entire day writing--I have absolutely no chores to do or no place I have to be. The is no housework that needs to be done, and I only have one duffel bag full of dirty clothes from the weekend, so the laundry can wait, too.

But even while I was gone, living like an old-school Vegas buffoon, I was thinking of all of you good people. Whenever I got back to the room late at night, I stayed up for an hour or so jotting down notes about the day's adventures, so that I can write an entertaining 'trip report' about my Vegas experience. And I've got five pages of notes, all neatly organized on Golden Nugget stationary. I'm looking forward to sharing it...

So that's all for now--Posting may be a little light until I get this latest story written. I hope it's worth the wait.

Mikey

No comments: