Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I've Got A New Girl Now. Or Two.

Nope, I'm not smitten with some new cocktail waitress (although I still flirt with my favorites), and no, I haven't convinced Nichole Hiltz to give up that crazy Hollywood lifestyle and come shack up with an underemployed poker dealer in Vegas. But I've got a couple of new favorite gals that I'd like to introduce to you. But first, we need a little sound and fury...

I'm almost ashamed to post this, but man, it's so chock-full of cheesy 80's goodness that I can no more resist doing it than I can resist clicking the link in an email promising pictures of Martha Quinn wearing nothing more than legwarmers and a hair scrunchie.

So here goes. Enjoy the Cheeze!




So I put that video up as an introduction to a couple of new gals I've added to my daily rotation, in addition to it being one of my favorite tunes from the Reagan years.

The first is Brigid from Home on the Range. I enjoy her writing quite a bit, and although it sometimes drifts off into the esoteric, I dig it. But it's mostly about guns and food, so there's plenty for me to enjoy. And she's a much better writer than I am, so you know, if you wanna feel smarter, get on over there for some highbrow blogging, then come on back over here for the literary equivalent of cartoons when you're done.

My other new favorite is Suzette, of Cripes, Suzette!. I wasted a couple of hours the other night giggling my way through her archives, and I must admit, I'm smitten. I don't know the first thing about her except that she's a Jersey girl and calls me "Honey" in her emails. And I can detect no overarching theme to her website, but it's a fun read. So far, it seems that she's into politics and dog-bloggin', kinda like Rachel. And her dog Stedman is so cool, it's like he's the Samuel L. Jackson of the canine world.

So I'm adding them to the daily rotation because not only do I enjoy them, I think you will too.

Mikey

No comments: