Thursday, April 24, 2008

What a Difference a Day Makes

Or, I guess I could have titled this post "What I Did on My Wednesday Vacation". I know, it doesn't seem like much, but I think it represents about six or seven hours worth of effort. (Clicky for full-sized goodness)


I got more work done around the sailboat, I got the 'horizon' between the mountains and the sky mostly done--the gap on the left is where the horizon is obscured by palm fronds, so those pieces are still somewhere in the silver pan. I also got the trunk of the palm tree put together, along with about two-thirds of the line where the water meets the shore. All of the blue pieces in the dingy old sheet pan are all sky pieces, and all that's left in the main box are the minor foliage and water pieces. So it's coming along pretty well. I don't know how much I'll work on it today--I was up pretty late last night and didn't get much sleep, and since I have to work tonight, I'll probably sleep all afternoon.

On my next puzzle, I think I'd like take a picture like every half hour, or maybe even fifteen minutes, from the same spot, and then put them all together on YouTube as a time-lapse video of the puzzle building itself. That would be kinda cool.

Mikey

No comments: