Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Party's Over...

Hello everyone.

The Madness officially ended for me around 5:30 this morning, which was about the time I stumbled out of the Mirage for the last time and made my way home. I slept like a corpse, and I'm guessing that's probably what my breath smells like right about now.

I won't be moving very fast for the balance of the afternoon, I can tell you that much. But taking a look at my surroundings, it's obvious that I had a good time--there is laundry, luggage, and all the assorted detritus that comes with a week-long Vegas vacation strewn about my room. My camera is dead. My cell phone is beyond dead--it was completely dead when I got home, so I put it on the charger before falling into bed. And I just realized that the charger wasn't plugged in. So I'll be incommunicado until sometime late this evening.

My last night of the Madness was a bunch of fun, but I think I may have overdone it just a bit. I let Angy talk me into going to Carnaval Court with her and Sin, and I knew going in what I was in for, so I shouldn't be surprised. But we also took a beatdown at the Mirage tables beforehand, so it set the tone for the rest of the evening. Not to say we didn't have a great time, but the dice and the booze kicked our asses. Regardless, it was great to be able to see Angy and Sin one last time before calling it a week.

I'll start writing about it tomorrow. Today is recovery day. After a quick lunch of Ibuprofen and bottled water, I'm going to start cleaning up the mess in my room, then run an errand or two, and maybe do a bit of grocery shopping. No more booze, cigars, room service, or breakfast at the coffee shop for me--it's back to my normal style of clean livin'.

Mikey

No comments: