Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lazy Saturday

Hey Gang--

Just checkin' in with my homies. There's not a whole lot going on around Casa de Mikey, but I wanted to let everyone know that I haven't fallen off the planet. My email box and cellphone start blowing up if I go more than 36 hours without an update.

Nice to know that people care!

First of all, there has been nothing interesting happening for the past couple of days, so that has contributed to my laziness. And The Masters has got me anchored in front of the TV, too. Augusta National is a nice course, but especially so in HD. And the fact that Phil is playing well keeps me paying attention. If Tiger were running away with it, I probably wouldn't be watching. But every time they show him lining up for a putt, I find myself doing the Beavis-and-Butthead hex-hex-hex thing, trying to get him to shank it. It's worked a few times this weekend...

I've also got an idea for what could be a decent post rolling around in my head. The outline is about halfway formed up, but the devil is in the details. I'm not sure I can make it work just yet, but I'm trying to be creative.

Otherwise, it's just a lazy Saturday. It's nice because when I woke up today, I realized that this is the first time in several days that I didn't have an errand to run, I had no place to go, I had no checks to write, and I had nothing on my mental to-do list. If it weren't for work lurking on the horizon, today would be totally free.

So I'm gonna enjoy the rest of this pot of coffee and maybe think about doing a little cooking. I know it's 1:30 in the afternoon, but when you don't get to bed until almost 6:00 am, it's still breakfast time.

Mikey

No comments: