Wednesday, April 30, 2008

High Praise, Indeed [Updated]

I may have mentioned Bacon Salt at some point in the past, but I have yet to try it. But like a chocolate martini, it's one of those things that you just *know* is going to be good no matter what. And it's been around for a bit, so I'm surprised that I haven't had any yet.

Anyhow, one of my readers, who, for his own protection, shall remain anonymous at this time, offered up the following recommendation via email this morning as we were talking about it:

Bacon Salt has changed my life. The other day I did a salmon fillet on the grill with butter and bacon salt. OMG! You could put this stuff on just about anything. I am tempted to use it the next time I “go south of the border” in the bedroom!

With a recommendation like that, I have to get some, so to speak. I'm not quite sure what I'd put it on first, maybe a burger or some potatoes, or sprinkle it on hash-browns and veggies to kick up a breakfast burrito. I know I'd probably go on a popcorn bender, at the very least.

I haven't seen it in my local grocery store yet, so it's now on my Amazon Wish List. And it's also my birthday today. I'm just sayin'.

Mikey


Update: At least one person has already sent the bacon salt 3-pack from my wish list. Whoever you are, thank you! I'll pick up some popcorn sometime this week and give it a try.

No comments: