Sunday, January 13, 2008

Late Sunday Night Update

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their well-wishes and remedy advice. Unfortunately, I still feel like complete shiat, even worse than I did yesterday. And since I've already spent a small fortune at the drugstore, I'm not buying any more medicine. I already have the most expensive urine in the world, this side of Roger Clemens.

The problem is, once I got home this morning and made that previous post, my condition deteriorated quite a bit. I couldn't lie down without my head getting completely stuffed up, causing me to be a mouth breather. Plus the cough got worse. The only thing that made me feel better was a long steam shower and sitting upright so my sinuses could drain. So I spent the day in the living room watching tv, along with taking three showers (about to do it again, too).

By 9:00 am, I bit the bullet and realized that there was no way I'd ever be able to make it at work tonight, so I called in sick. It's gonna cost me a tidy sum in lost income, but it's my own fault for taking that long E.O. last Monday with Lars. Oh well, lesson learned. But the time off tonight will do me good. I feel like crap. And before I forget, I gotta give a hat tip to Reverend Dave--Those cinnamon Altoids work great, if only temporarily. I was munchin' on them all day while watching football, and they seemed to help.

So, I'm home tonight. I can't believe I'm still awake--I haven't really slept since I got up around 11 am on Saturday morning. I'm sure I'll crash soon, though. I think I may have take a little too much medicine, as I can tell I'm beyond the point of diminishing returns. The cough has been suppressed for a few hours, but my head is picking up the slack as far as making life difficult is concerned.

The only bright spot about feeling so shiatty is that this is as bad as it ever gets. I'm sure I'll feel much better tomorrow.

Mikey

No comments: