Monday, January 21, 2008

Is It Monday Already?

I swear, I'm one of the few people on the planet who actually looks forward to Mondays. But since it means that I have the next two days off, I don't feel too weird about it.

This past weekend has felt extremely busy, however, so I'm looking forward to the break. Friday was a huge clusterf*ck. Never made it to the Peppermill for breakfast. I was out doing all of my errands, after getting just a couple hours of sleep, and the plan was to meet up for breakfast around 9:30 or so. But, with Angy, it's always like the circus coming to town, and I didn't hear from her till after eleven, and by that time I was done with everything and back home in Henderson, so I gave up and took a pass. Still fighting off the remnants of the bug that laid me out last week, I opted to stay home and get some sleep.

Off course, we were busier than hell at work all weekend, which wore me out, too. I literally slept all day on Saturday, not waking up until 4:30 in the afternoon, giving me about an hour to enjoy the day before heading back in. But it was just what I needed. I've felt great ever since then.

I was a bit bummed out this weekend, missing out on all the buffoonery back in Tennessee. It was Reverend Dave's 38th birthday, and there was a helluva party going on in Nashville that sounded like a lot of laughs. I got a couple of phone calls in the middle of the action that had me wishing I was there. Oh well, somebody had to deal all those Pai Gow games...

On the plus side, I totally forgot to hit the sports book on Saturday night to make my bets on Sunday's action, which is a good thing, since I was going to take both favorites. Heh. Talk about dodging a bullet! I guess the Super Bowl is going to be the winter version of the Sox smacking down the Yankees, and since Green Bay totally screwed the pooch, I'm gonna root for the Patriots to go 19-0 and hopefully we'll never hear from those douchebags from Miami ever again.

Seriously, right now, is there a bigger dumbass on the planet than Mercury Morris?

Anyhow. I wish I had more to write about, but there just ain't much going on around here lately. Life is dull, and is probably gonna remain so for the next couple of weeks.

Later,

Mikey

No comments: