Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Late Night Munchies

Ten Foods I Love, in no particular order after number one:

1) Pizza -- Come on, this was obvious.
2) Chicken Fried Steak -- and not just at the Peppermill, either.
3) Scallops -- Food of the Gods! Especially that Neptune guy.
4) Asian Chicken Salad -- Never had a bad one yet.
5) Bacon -- It makes pretty much everything taste better.
6) Anything with Green Peppers, Onions, and Mushrooms -- Or as I call it, the Vegetable Love Triangle.
7) Pineapples and Cottage Cheese -- Better than French Fries!
8) Carne Asada burritos -- I feel sorry for people that don't have access to them 24/7.
9) Chicken Pad Thai -- Spicy and filling. I start craving it about once a month.
10)Grilled Ribeye steaks -- The best part of the cow.

Ten Things I Refuse to Eat:

1) Salmon -- Makes me gag.
2) Beets -- Tastes like dirt, stains my shirt.
3) Broccoli -- Never acquired the taste. Unless it's in stir fry, then the stalks are ok.
4) Tofu -- Why eat that shiat when there is perfectly good meat available?
5) Liver -- Pretty much the only meat I can't stand.
6) Crunchy Peanut Butter -- I love the smooth, always have. I guess I'd eat it under protest, though.
7) Spam -- Why eat that shiat when there is perfectly good meat available?
8) Meringue -- Egg whites and sugar? Ugh.
9) Oysters -- Tried, and failed, many times.
10)Decaf -- Why bother?


Ten Things I Was Late to the Party With:

1) Ranch Dressing -- I was afraid of buttermilk till I was about 18 years old.
2) Sushi -- Never heard of it until high school, never tried it until college.
3) Thai Food -- It wasn't trendy or available when I was younger.
4) Wasabi Peas -- First time I had them was at the Venetian a couple years ago.
5) Caviar -- It's tough when your brain says "Blackberry Preserves" and your mouth says "Salty Fish Eggs". I'm still not convinced I really like this, yet.
6) Shiraz -- Having never had anything but that god-awful Yellowtail, I never knew that there was good Shiraz available from South Africa.
7) Fresh Basil -- I never knew how good fresh herbs were until I had it on a slice of pizza about six years ago. Life changing experience!
8) A real Martini -- Everyone is afraid of gin, so most people use vodka instead. I didn't know any better, either. But I'm here to tell you that a Bombay Sapphire martini, with a spritz of dry vermouth, garnished with three olives, is a damn fine cocktail.
9) Club crackers -- I'll never buy saltines again.
10) Dark Chocolate -- I never knew that smores could be so good!


Ten Things You'll *Always* Find In My Pantry:

1) Flour Tortillas
2) Honey
3) Peanut Butter
4) Refried Beans
5) Grits
6) Garlic Salt
7) Sun Dried Tomatoes
8) Wheat Bread
9) Jars of red sauce
10)Coffee


Pre-Packaged Foods I Wish They'd Invent:

1) Chex mix with no pretzels

Mikey

No comments: