Thursday, December 06, 2007

Mah Prezentz... Let Me Show You Them!

Wow--the gifts just keep on coming!

I'm fairly certain that the UPS man is pretty tired of coming to my house, especially after today's delivery--it's been FIVE days in a row that I've gotten packages delivered, and today I scored the mother lode. It must be the holidays--everyone is feeling so generous!

I was just chillin' in the living room this afternoon and decided to go outside and see how cold it was, and when I did, I saw another UPS delivery noticed stuck to my front door. Instead of having to go down to the office to pick them up, it said "Look on your patio". So I did, and sitting there were three large Amazon boxes addressed to your humble correspondent.

So I went back inside and opened the patio door to bring in the stuff, and two of the boxes weighed a frickin' ton. But I managed to wrestle them into the living room, thankful that the driver left them on my patio instead of making me walk down to the office and then needing to borrow a hand-truck from the maintenance guy to get them home.

Inside of the three boxes were various items, formerly on my Amazon Wish List.

First of all the, heaviest box was a 119-piece tool set. Wow--I was blown away when I opened that. Not only did it have damn near every tool I could ever imagine (drill bits, screw heads, hand tools, a level, tape measure, etc etc etc, but it also came with a nifty canvas carry bag. My deepest and most sincere thanks goes out to reader 'Lawrence' in Oregon for sending such a thoughtful and useful gift, and I also got a chuckle from the note he included. I guess he felt inspired by the Santa Claus butt-crack picture I posted a few days back.

So I sat there like a typical dude, fondling all the tools and imagining all the stuff around the house that I could break and then fix again. I was lost in my own little tool-time world for a few minutes before I realized that I still had two more boxes to open. And I didn't have to use my little two-inch pocketknife either--I now had a brand spankin' new utility knife at my disposal.

The next box was also a hefty one, and it revealed itself to be a huge 12-inch cast iron Lodge skillet. Well, I guess it's more of a frying pan--it's got the deep sides for frying chicken or even making a casserole in the oven if I wanted to. I'm guessing it's probably also bullet-proof and if I were a cartoon character, I could also use it to hit people over the head and they'd suffer no lasting damage. (Hmmm... maybe I should take it to work and try it...)

The third box had all kinds of cool stuff. Included was a cookbook, the Rock Star dvd, and a new set of dishes that matches my current set--so now we have more than four matching plates and bowls. Woot!

Those last two boxes came from my sister Cyndi, whose done a blitz of Christmas shopping this week. So I had another excuse to call and laugh it up with my Tennessee people.

Here are a couple of pictures of this week's haul:

The macro-view, almost like Christmas morning.


And here's my close-up, Mr. DeMille

Rob came out of his hole a little while later and basically freaked out when he saw all of my toys. He too was a little turned on by the tool kit and the iron skillet. The dishes and cookbook, not so much.

Anyhow, we goofed off around the house for a couple of hours before heading out to dinner at Guadalajara. I'll leave the full review to Rob, and eventually you'll want to make your way over to The Flying Winnebago to read about it and see the pictures. As of right now, it's not up yet. Instead of updating his website, he's lying on the couch reading my new 'Uncyclopedia' from ESPN, entitled 23 Ways to Get to First Base. (He thinks it's a dating handbook, so it may be awhile...)

That's about it from here, but I've got a couple more posts to put up at some point later today.

Mikey

No comments: