Saturday, December 08, 2007

Long Day

So, now that college football is over except for the Bowl games, what is one supposed to do with their Saturdays? There was a full slate of college hoop on, but I can't really get into that until after the NFL playoffs/Superbowl is over and the NCAA is deep into their conference season. So the TV remained dark for most of the day, except that I put in on channel 901 'Sounds of the Seasons' for a little Christmas music as background noise while I did my chores.

And brotha, I did a *lot* of chores.

I got my room cleaned, my closet about halfway organized, washed, dried, folded, hung, and put away about six loads of laundry, vacuumed the house, paid some bills, balanced my checkbook, chatted with the nice folks at Cox technical support for about a half hour, went Enron on a shoebox full of old bank statements, and even made my bed.

Tomorrow, even though there is a bunch of football on, will consist of me cleaning my bathroom and finishing off the rest of my closet.

Even though I have to leave for work in an hour, I'm basking in the glow of a pretty good sense of accomplishment right now. And as far as my back goes, I woke up too early again this morning, because it was hurting like a mo-fo again. I took a few aspirin with my morning coffee, but figured it was hurting do to inactivity, and a little bit of work wasn't going to make me feel any worse. So instead of lying around in bed and whimpering, I gutted it up and just went full speed on my housekeeping chores. And you know what? I feel *much* better.

And the problem isn't with my lower back--the kind of pain that can basically cripple you because you can't bend or twist. Nope, it hurts right between my shoulder blades, so it doesn't really keep me from doing anything. If I have to blame it on anything, I'm guessing it's that stupid Bonus Holdem game at work that I've had to deal every night for the past month. The chair is shiatty and too low, the table is too big--half the players' bets are almost 40 inches away from the dealers' side of the table, and there is a lot of twisting, lunging, and scooting that goes on with trying to deal that crap for an hour straight.

But luckily tonight I'm on a better string of games--two Pai Gow tables and Deuces Wild. That means I'll be busy all night and the time should pass fairly quickly.

Mikey

No comments: