Friday, December 21, 2007

Blustery

I just got back home a little while ago from running a few errands, and holy shiat is it windy outside! It's clear and beautiful, of course, which makes the mountains off in the distance look especially cool, but damn, it's so windy that it was blowing my truck all over the road when I was out on the freeway.

All the crazies are out in force today--I had two people damn near smashed into me, but my cat-like reflexes behind the wheel saved the day. And of course I almost rear-ended a chick on a cellphone on Maryland Parkway, and I was all ready to cuss her out from the comfort of my drivers seat, until I realized she slammed on her brakes to avoid running over a stupid little yap dog that had gotten loose and decided it was a good time to take a stroll across four lanes of traffic.

But the dog survived and I hit all my stops and ran my errands in record time, going to the bank (what a nightmare, but at least all five of the tellers where there, which I've *never* seen happen before), the post office, the auto parts store, the alterations shop, the grocery store, and the leasing office. Believe me, I was glad to get home.

As soon as I pulled in, I saw a couple of packages on the patio, left by the UPS man. My fleece jacket finally arrived, and it's currently in the dryer with a couple of fabric softener sheets losing it's new smell. There was also another unexpected box from Amazon, this time from Dave P up in Connecticut. He sent the muffin tins (now I can make that crab recipe from Mrs. VJW's website) and a DVD copy of one of the greatest movies of all-time, Casablanca. When I tackle that recipe, I shall temporarily rename the humble Casa de Mikey, instead referring to the Man Cave as Mikey's Cafe American.

Thanks again, Dave--very thoughtful of you! Although, I kinda miss the rum balls you sent last year...

In the meantime, I've got a chance to take a two-hour nap before going to work, so I'm gonna take it. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Mikey

No comments: