Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Treating Myself

Well, sleep didn't come like a drug, even here in God's country, so I'm back up and fiddling around again. The intarwebs is doing a poor job of keeping me entertained this morning, so I figure it's time to put on some pants and get out of the house.

One of my favorite indulgences is to spend a few bucks down at Barnes & Noble, usually at the newsstand. I have crates of old sailing magazines, and I honestly don't think I've bought a new one in over a year. I've been on a frugal kick for quite awhile now that the student loan lenders have caught up to me like the FBI finding Dillinger in the movie theatre, and magazine purchases was one of the things I cut out. Have I been too broke to buy a couple of sailing rags? Hell, I don't think so, but sitting on the floor, sipping a cup of coffee, and reading a sailing magazine full of pretty pictures from cover to cover is one of life's simple pleasures that I've gone far too long without.

I shall remedy that situation immediately. It's my day off, and there's a twenty spot in my wallet.

Mikey out.

No comments: