Friday, July 06, 2007

Next Project

Well, Mamasan was right--I need something else to bitch about. Unfortunately, something has stepped up to fill the void. Apparently, about 25 songs (that I know of) on my iPod are completely corrupted. They either won't play at all, and skip right to the next song on the playlist, or after about 30 seconds or so of playing, they immediately skip to the end of the song and then shut down. I hope it's just corrupted files, and not a hard drive problem (and yeah, I tried them at both the 'root' level and also at the playlist level, and neither work. Luckily, it's limited to only one of my playlists, but it's the one with the most music on it).

None of my Jimmy Buffett has been adversely affected, thank goodness.

So at some point I'm going to have to sit down and listen to my entire music catalog (about 1000 songs so far), and note which ones are bad, delete them, and then reload them. It should be a real pain in the ass. But I've got until next March to do it, so there is no hurry. (Next March--Angy's suite party. We'll need enough music to keep the buffoons entertained for about eight hours!)

My work week started out on a good note last night. First of all, I found out that we made pretty good money on Monday night, so that was a nice way to kick off the new pay period. Second of all, I was only scheduled on two games, so it was a total walk in the park for the first four hours of my shift--40 minutes on, 20 minutes off. Of course, that makes the night go by slower, but I was on Pai Gow, so it was like a little mini-vacation. I picked up another table later on and had to an hour at blackjack and Let It Ride, but then I ended with 40 minutes at a $5 blackjack game where I just *crushed* everyone and then got out a half-hour early. Sweet!

One down, four to go. Then Angy gets here. Did I mention I'm taking a couple days off while she's here? I can't wait for that!

Ok, that's all for now. Sleepy time!

Mikey

No comments: