Monday, July 30, 2007

A Case of the Mondays

I feel listless and unmotivated today. Seriously, I could just chill on the couch and half-snooze my way through today's Shark Week offerings on the Discovery Channel for the next eight hours and be perfectly content.

I mean, I'm not motivated to do anything. I feel like a stoner without the munchies.

Maybe it's because the last couple of days at work have been a patience-trying clusterf*ck of titanic proportions and it has sapped my will to live. Between the incompetent dealers I've seen in action, the unorganized management, and the normal bevy of stiffs, fleas, and degenerates that I have to smile for, I've had just about all I can take. Thank god tonight is my Friday, because I need a break in the worst way.

Last night, when I got home, spent, I fixed myself a tall plastic tumbler full of rum and Coke over ice, and I swear I'd only drank about an inch-and-a-half of it before passing out. I woke up this morning with it sitting next to me on the nightstand, full. Warm, flat, and uninviting.

Surfing around the internet hasn't been much fun, either. I've already gone over my usual rotation three times today, and I've found nothing to thrill me or hold my attention. Maybe I just need a nap. Something. I dunno.

I don't feel like writing, I don't feel like reading, and I don't feel like walking down to the pool. Hell, I don't even feel like laying down and sleeping. And I certainly don't feel like working, either.

I'm sure tomorrow will be different--I won't have to think about work, there's nothing on my agenda, and I'll probably go catch The Simpsons Movie.

I could use a laugh.

Mikey

No comments: