Friday, October 06, 2006

Ring Tones

I've been using Cingular as my cellphone service ever since I moved to Vegas and realized that giving my home number to perspective employers wasn't going to work, what with having my crackhead original roommate getting the utilities cut off every week and such. Before that, I had Sprint, but gave up on them after almost three years of poor service and dropped calls.

But until now, I've always had Motorola phones, and I was used to them. I read the instruction manual for the first one I ever owned, and all the rest of them worked the exact same way. But now I have a Sony Ericsson phone and I hate it. Not that it doesn't work well, but it's just that it has different buttons and is different from what I'm used to. Sending text messages is a royal pain in the ass, because if I just try to send it the 'Motorola' way, it doesn't get sent, it ends up in some folder. Adding names to the address book is totally different, and even turning the sound off requires me to take an extra step. The list goes on and on...

The bottom line is that as soon as I get over this latest bout of poverty (if our damn tokes would ever go up...), and can afford to start buying toys again, I'm going to get a different cell phone. A Motorola this time, probably the Razr.

I was talking to Angy yesterday about ringtones--I have no idea what she has for a ringtone when I call, maybe 'Viva Las Vegas' I think, but I realized that I've never bought a ringtone, never customized my phone, and don't have different tones for all of my family and friends who call. When I finally *do* buy a new phone, everybody gets new ringtones--this is what I've come up with so far:

Reverend Dave -- Sweet Home Alabama

Amy -- The Immigrant Song

Cyndi -- Shake Shake Shake Senora

Angy -- Little Old Lady From Pasadena

Andrea -- Push it Real Good! (Reminds me of the night we met...)

Doc Al -- The Lap Dance is Always Better When the Stripper is Cryin'

LV Terry -- Dancin' Queen

Mamasan -- Crazy Train

Dougie -- New York, New York

Stephanie -- Hot Hot Hot!

Jennifer -- The Darth Vader theme (because her boyfriend looks like Darth Vader without his helmet on)

Hoya -- Red Red Wine

Courtney -- Under the Sea

And I would give my left nut to have an mp3 copy of the song they used in the anti-pollution commercials they used to air in Nashville when I was a kid in the 70s...

Ain't no lower class than the Tennessee trash...

Mikey

No comments: