Saturday, October 28, 2006

A Quick Update

Hey Everybody!

Yes, I'm still alive, and I apologize for the delay in getting the second half of the NSF installment posted, but there are two issues at play here. Since I posted part one, I've been having *severe* technical difficulties at this end--my computer is having issues again--and I've been very short on time. I haven't been home much, and right now I'm in the middle of a six-day stretch at work, also. I will get the rest of it posted, but it looks like it may not be finished until Monday morning at the earliest. Sorry 'bout that.

Also, I've heard from two different people that the first installment has all kinds of visible html code and other crap scattered throughout the post making it difficult to read. On my end, it looks fine. I wrote it in MSWord and then just copied and pasted it over here, like I always do. Unfortunately, for some of you, it displays the editing code and such. Nothing I can do about that, except that Part II is being written on my Blogger dashboard input screen, so it's taking a bit longer--it's not the best word processor I've ever used. But it'll look 'normal' when it finally gets posted.

I would've liked to get it finished and posted today, but that's just not going to happen. My typical trip report usually takes about 10 hours or so behind the keyboard, and I just don't have a chunk of time like that set aside right now.

I also wanted to write a big post about the Cardinals winning the World Series, but again, time constraints keep me from doing so. Just know that I am extremely happy today, and yeah, I did a little celebrating and trash talking last night...

I went out with a bunch of friends once the work was done last night--it ended up being about 20 of us over at the local watering hole. And just as I was about to pass out from exhaustion, Stephanie walked in and joined me, so I stayed a couple hours longer than I probably should've. I finally crawled home around 8:30 this morning and went to bed, so I've done nothing but sleep all day.

George and Marlisha are also in town this weekend, and the plan was to do lunch and spend the day lounging around smoking a cigar or two and working our way through a bottle of premium rum. Unfortunately, I was so exhausted when I got home this morning that we re-scheduled for tomorrow, instead. The plan is lunch at the Elephant Bar over in The District at Green Valley, then maybe find a lounge with comfy chairs and cocktail service over at GVR for the balance of the afternoon before I head to work and they go to a party they're in town for.

So that's what's going on with me. As much as I'd love to hole up here behind my desk and write tons of stuff to keep everyone entertained, I actually have a life outside of my room, and it seems especially true this week. I'll get to it, eventually, but you'll just have to wait a little longer than usual, that's all.

Later,

Mikey

No comments: