Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Cox Suckers!

I am so ticked off right now. When I left for work on Monday night, our cable was working just fine, as I turned off the Packers/Eagles game just before halftime and headed for the door. When I got home from work around 4:15 in the morning, the cable tv was out. I had nothing but a line of four horizontal dashes on the cable box display where the time or channel usually shows.

Damn. I was looking forward to watching Mike & Mike for an hour or so before falling asleep, and then waking up to the second installment of Cold Pizza. No such luck. I tried rebooting the cable box, cutting the power to it, and reinserting the incoming cable, but nothing worked. No tv for Mikey. No big deal, I could use the sleep anyways, so I just said the hell with it and went to bed.

Not having any background noise proved to be just what my system needed, because I didn't wake up again until 2:30 in the afternoon! In fact, it was too much sleep, as I was so groggy that I wasn't fully functioning again until around 5 pm. It was like one of the cocktail waitresses had slipped some roofies into my rasberry iced tea, hoping to take advantage of me or something...

But the pisser of the whole thing was that the cable is still out, several hours later! It's 10:30 on Tuesday night and it's still not working. And I *really* wanted to watch the Cardinals first win in damn near a month today, as the playoffs have begun, but no, I was denied.

And of course the dickheads at Cox Cable are no help--my roommate, who's name the cable account is under, is out of town and can't be reached. And any call to Cox is met with "I'm sorry sir, I'm unable to help you, your name is not on the account..."

Well can you just please take note of an outage at this address?

"I'm sorry sure, I'm unable to help you at this time...."

Farking retards.

At least the internet is still working, which is about the only thing that has kept me from plowing the new truck through the front door of the Cox office, Terminator-style.

Of course, if you're watching the evening news, or maybe the latest episode of COPS, and see a chubby bald guy getting tossed in the back seat of a police cruiser yelling I'm innocent! My name's not even on the account!, you'll know where to find me...

Send bail money to:

Hurricane Mikey
C/O Clark County Detention Center
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
USA, Earth

I guess having no tv to watch will free up some time for me to properly research my college picks. Hopefully I'll be able to watch the games this weekend. But if not, I heard that the county lockup has free cable.

Mikey

No comments: