Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Different Moods, Different Drinks

Recently the question was posted over on T2V, by a freshly minted 21-year-old degenerate, regarding everyone's favorite drink while getting their Vegas on. There were lots of great responses, and I started to post my own, but it quickly got out of hand and I realized that I should probably tackle that topic over here where I can organize my thoughts a little better.

That's just too narrow of a question, if you ask me. I can't imagine being limited to just one favorite--it's like trying to choose your favorite centerfold. There are just too many good ones out there to enjoy, so why limit yourself? Telling me that I could only choose one drink to call my favorite would be like sending Doc Al into a strip club with a thousand dollars and telling him to come back out two hours later with $500 left and his shirt buttoned properly. It's just one of those things that's not likely to happen with any degree of success.

I have lots of favorite drinks, however, they change with whatever activity I happen to be engaged in at the time. So lets start with a list of activities and I'll come up with my favorite beverage accompaniment...

Hanging out in my pool -- Captain Morgan and either Coke or 7Up, with lime, of course.

Hanging out in Eddie's pool -- Pacifico.

Hanging out at a resort pool -- A tall Pina Colada.

Riding in a limousine up and down the Strip with a bunch of T2V degenerates -- Patron shots.

Smoking a fine cigar -- A snifter of Grand Marnier.

Trying to be sophisticated when having pre-dinner cocktails -- A traditional martini made with Bombay Sapphire gin, a spritz of dry Vermouth, and three olives.

Early morning gambling, back when I used to do such things -- Coffee and Baileys.

Late late late night gambling, when Angy is in town -- Hot Chocolate and Baileys.

Sitting in the sports book, ripping up tickets -- One of St. Louis' finest macrobrews.

Pretending to be a bartender in somebody's luxurious suite -- Spicy Beavers (Captain, Goldschlager, and Coke).

Dining on a prime steak -- Pinot Noir, preferably from Oregon.

Dining on fine seafood -- Pouilly Foussie, from the Louis Jadot vineyard.

When closing the deal with a willing female -- Whatever she's drinking.

When unwinding with my fellow dealers after a long night behind the tables --An assortment of you-call-it shots, followed by a Michelob Light chaser. When it's my turn, I call 'Duck Farts', a chilled shot that includes Baily's, Kahlua, and Crown Royal.

Chillin' with my brother-in-law -- Gentleman Jack on the rocks.

Chillin' with my sister Sherry -- Stoli Vanilla and Coke.

Chillin' with my sister Cyndi -- Whatever she's buying.

Chillin' with my brother, the Reverend Dave -- Whatever is on sale down at the gas station.

Hanging out, being a bum at any random bar in Key West -- A pina colada made with Mt. Gay Rum.

Sitting on the beach in Mexico -- something made with rum, ice, and fruit juice, doesn't matter much what it is.

Sea days on a cruise ship -- Dirty Bananas.

In the parking lot before a Jimmy Buffett concert -- Why, margaritas, of course. And body shots off of bikini-clad Latinas.

Hitting on smokin' hot redheaded girls in an Irish Pub -- Guinness, with a shot of Stoli Vanilla.

Enjoying the Bellagio fountain show from the patio at Mon Ami Gabi -- Espresso martinis.

Chillin' with Big Stogie and his bride -- Premium rum on the rocks.

Sunday Brunch (somewhere *other* than Waffle House) -- Screwdrivers, but if none of my buddies are around, I've been known to sip a Mimosa.

Sitting at my desk, blogging -- whatever rum bottle is within reach, mixed with Diet Coke w/Lime.

Mikey

No comments: