Friday, October 13, 2006

NFL Week 6

I realized late on Sunday afternoon, while on my little blog-vacation last week, that I forgot to post my picks from last week. Sorry 'bout that, but I went 10-4, bringing my total for the year to 48-24. While I was in the sports book last night looking over this weekend's action, I saw that over 800 people went 14-0 last weekend, splitting up the weekly prize money for second place. Everybody got six bucks. I was not one of them.

This is my attempt at winning one stack of High Society this weekend.

1) Bills over the Lions. Lately I've been betting against the Bills and for the Lions. No wonder I can't win any money. I reverse the trend this week.

2) Panthers over the Ravens. Carolina is back doing what we expected, and McNair is throwing most of his passes like a chubby shortstop in an over-the-hill softball league making a play to first base from deep in the hole. Tough to pick up yards when the ball is two-hopped to the receiver.

3) Bengals over the Buccaneers. Bucs are in bad shape, Bengals are coming off of a bye after getting knocked around by New England, and they'll be ready.

4) Cowboys over the Texans. I'll still be happy if I lose this one. The downside would be the nonstop T.O. coverage on ESPN next week.

5) Falcons over the Giants. I'm still not convinced that the Giants are for real. And I don't really like them, either.

6) Saints over the Eagles. I'm probably gonna lose this one, but there's an upset every week, right?

7) Rams over the Seahawks. My Rams, at home, against a banged up Seattle. Gotta go with my team.

8) Redskins over the Titans. I admit, it gives me great pleasure to see the Titans suck so bad this year.

9) Steelers over the Chiefs. They're still the champs, right?

10) Jets over the Dolphins. Miami has no quarterback, and aside from the 41-0 ass-whipping they suffered last week, the Jets had been playing well.

11) Chargers over the 49ers. Oh yeah, this was a tough pick.

12) Broncos over the Raiders. This one too.

13) Bears over the Cardinals. I don't think anyone is picking the Cardinals to win this one. I just hope Leinert survives. My tiebreaker score for the game is 43. As in Bears 40, Cardinals 3.

Mikey

Last Week: 10-4
Season: 48-24
Winning Percentage: .667

No comments: